Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
Does anyone know the size of the stock bar size on a 2002 Kdx 200 is it 7/8"? I need a new set of bars and would like a set of renthals but I don't know the size of the bars and would also like to know is it wise to change the top clamp when I'm changing the bars. Thanks..

Gunther

Jul 8, 2003
7/8 stock, twinwalls are 1 1/8. You can get adaptors from Moose and a couple others that will keep the bottom of your bar clamps or you can change the whole bar clamp.

BTW kawasaki has McGrath bend twinwalls for $70.00.

DeSeRt_KaW

Sep 29, 2003
Im Thinking about getting either Renthal or FLY handlebars, but I dont really know the stock size of the bar, and I also like the bend the bars come stock with.

Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
So what are most you running for handlebars and handlebar clamps. Now I know what size the stock size bar size is (7/8"). Do most of you run Renthal Bars or another brand. Any feedback whats worked, what has'nt worked would be greatly appreciated.Thanks..

speedyts49

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2002
The steel and the aluminum are 7/8 o.d. but isn't the I.d. different. I see two different sizes for the barkbuster inserts. Does anybody know the i.d. sizes?
tom

Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
Last Question about handle bar swap out?

Okay I know that the stock handle bars are 7/8". Renthal makes a 7/8" that I just found on there website. My question is how do you get the throttle assembly off. Is it just the two bolts hiding under the rubber on the throttle assembly? Everything else looks self explanatory ( front brakes, odometer bracket, top clamp etc.) Just wondering if I'm going to hit a wall trying to swap out bars. Any Info on what has worked etc. I am also going to swap out the top bar mount probably from freddette's catalog. Has anyone used the bar clamp? Again thanks for all the help.

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
Yes, just loosen up the 2 phillips screws on the bottom of the throttle housing and slide the whole assembly off. If the throttle cable is too short to get it off try turning the wheel to the left or right to gain additional length. If that doesn't work take everything else off the bars then unbolt the bars and you'll have plenty of slack to slide the throttle off.

west

Nov 12, 2002
I just put a set of Pro Tapers on my 03 220 with the Tag bar mounts. The only real problem was that the odometer bracket would not fit on the tag mounts because the bolts are recessed into the mounts. I had to modify the bracket and mount it directly to the triple clamp!

Top Bottom