jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I am about to get a new back tire and I was wondering which would be better for my application. I ride mostly woods, so that includes a variety of different surfaces. Usually hardpacked dirt, looser dirt and mud, gravel, or dusty sand. Because they're a really good deal at Rocky Mountain, I'm looking at the Maxxis I/T and H/T makes. I'm at a loss though for which one to get because I don't want to not have good traction in the mud, but I also don't wanna be not hooking up when I'm on the hard dirt. If you guys can help me make a decision or even sugest a cheap place to buy this, maybe cheaper than the $43 I'm seeing these for I'd greatly appreciate it.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I wouldn't overlook the Kenda K771 Millville medium terrain tire either.

From what you describe as your riding area, I don't think a hard terrain tire would work the best. I've found that a softer terrain tire works better in hard terrain than a hard terrain tire will work in the soft conditions.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
3 rides on the maxxis it, love it so far, hooks up 10 times better than any dunlop I have had. I do not reccomend the it front for mud tho, its a bit loose in handling, but I dont ride mud that much.

But rear, I love it so far.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Big fan of the Dunlop 756 (front and rear) for years.

Maxxis I/T Rear, Maxxis H/T front. Love the combo for intermediate/changing surfaces from hard to soft. FAR outlasts the 756 rear.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I'd like to lean towards the Maxxis but it is out of stock right now on Rocky Mountain. I may just go with the Kenda but who knows...

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I had a 756 front, i liked it, but the rear, the only use I found for it was smoking it off on the road. :p

that sucks, what size I prbly bought the last one lol. Call them and see how long it will be. I has kendas on my XR, they are decent tires.

turboandy

Jan 3, 2003
I just put a Maxxis IT on my kx250 and my sons rm125, the both hook very very well. Is is a chore to keep the kx front end down with it. I have not had them on long enough to report on wear.

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
Cool I just had a I/T put on the rear.

I paid $74.50 plus $15 installed

I know it's a lot but I wanted to ride this weekend and 3 day air from rocky mountain was like $35 alone.

Oh well at least I'm helping the local guy.

Top Bottom