Honda Rippin'

Feb 19, 2001
Hey guys. I was just looking for some pointers on how to race harescrambles. I'm gonna atttempt to try one on April 14th at Vantage, Wa. Anyway, I know I should take my Camelbak, I've got tools that I carry, but isn't this just like a place race, not like Enduro where you have to keep track of your time and all that? First guy across the line? What's the deal here. I have no clue and need a little direction. Thanks guys!

BTW--How many people are going to be at the desert 100/Junior harescramble on April 13-14th at Vantage? For all of those who are, see you there!

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Hey, I'm doing my second harescrambles on April 7. You should go fast if you want to win. The winner is decided by the person who does the most number of laps. At some point in every lap they scan your id code (it's on your helmet). How long is your race? 2 hours? If so, you'll need to make a pit stop at a halfway point. Tell us a little more abou the race

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Bring extra air filters or run filter skins. The D-100 course is volcanic ash. Last time I raced it was probably before you were born.

If you want to know how to win, talk to Jonah Street or Paul Ostbo.

Oct 10, 2000
Don't crash and you'll do fine. You'll start in one line with the guys in your class with your engine off, this is called the dead engine start they drop the flag or shoot a gun and your off. If its your first race and your a little intimidated don't worry about getting the holeshot, sometimes being the first guy into the woods is not an advantage (you can tell I never get holeshots). Just ride a good pace and start memorizing the coarse, this will come in handy as you will make many laps depending on how long it is. Move out of the way for faster riders as this is the polite thing to do and you might even get some thankyou. Don't move out of the way and they might take you out. Just ride smart and keep it on two wheels and you should do rather well. Good Luck

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Psst wheelie, the D-100 is a mass shotgun start just like a Hare and Hound. Although I think they run a separate race for the minis. If there's a tree near Vantage (Rye Grass Pass actually) it's either petrified or very small and leaning to the east. ;)

Top Bottom