has anyone heard???

ScottYZ250

Lifetime Sponsor
Hey guys,
Has anyone heard if RC left Kawasaki? I heard he may go to Honda. I also heard that was just Kawi playing up the hyp...

Anyone heard anything?

Scott

rc reply

no i dont think rc went to honda cause why would he i mean hes like in first place in the points with kawasaki and if he did hed probably even though hes my favorite rider end up like jeremy mcgrath who went to suzuki and lost his numberone plate (no offense to suzuki riders out there) so i think hes still with kawasaki:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
I think the ink has all but dried on RC's contract with Honda. I believe he will make the switch, but it would be very unusual for him to do it this year.

Look for him riding red in 2002.

There is absolutley no chance of RC riding red this year, unless it's like the US Open or some international races. He will be on a KX for the nationals. If he did sign with Honda (which looks very likely) we'll see him on red in 2002.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
The only question is what happens to Lusk and Tortelli. Maybe Lusk to Kawi?
Maybe Lusk on the 450F and Lucky Charm on the 250?

Yarbo-I think Tortelli still might have a year to go on his Honda contract, he signed a new deal with them last year. I don't think that he and RC get along very well though. As far as Ezra goes his contract is up this year, but maybe RC can pull some strings with Honda and get them to hold on to his buddy (I hope so).

JimmyD2

Subscriber
Why is everyone so convinced that the RC to Honda deal is done? I guess I may be in denial, :eek: but I just haven't seen ANY evidence other than rumors spread by commentators.

DougRoost

Subscriber
Yeah, I heard $3M. That would do it for me!

ScottYZ250

Lifetime Sponsor
SWEET! Honda's gonna get more titles... :)

I have said it before, YAMAHA makes champions, Honda buys them !
But in this case KAWASAKI made the champion, And it looks like Honda is going to try to buy another championship. I hope it backfires like lusk & windham. lol !!

Last edited:

ochster

Lifetime Sponsor
Correction, Honda just contracted a proven "champion", to hopefully bring some titles to the Red squad.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Originally posted by DesertDog
I have said it before, YAMAHA makes champions, Honda buys them !
But in this case KAWASAKI made the champion, And it looks like Honda is going to try to buy another championship. I hope it backfires like lusk & windham. lol !!
Hmmm.... Let's see... McGrath's first sponsor: Raceway Honda of Perris, California. But does that matter? NO.

The companies don't make champions, they support them. The rider is the one who creates his destiny... not the manufacturer. Why would you wish poor results to Ricky just because he switches teams? When I root for a rider, it's him and not the color bike that he is on. Just my two cents... :)