Have XR400 ... help push me into KTM 400 MXC!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
I have a Honda '97 XR400 that I love to death for it's stump-pulling torque at "43 rpms," it's "can't-kill-it-with-a-rock-reliability," fit-n-finish, and overall grin factor.

But I'm starting to get more into the racing side of life (Grand Prix's, occasional MX play-days) and hearing the siren call of the e-button...

Hence, the lure of the KTM 400 MXC. (grin)

Any ex-XR400 riders that have gone "orange...?"

Would love to hear major pluses/minues between the two bikes. Also very interested in how the 400 MXC does in the "snotty-rocky-muddy" places that you can hardly walk through.... (I ride in the Pacific Northwest woods up in Oregon.)

Thanks in advance! - E-Ticket

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
E-Ticket, If you dont buy a KTM 400, you're a Pansy-ass,.......hows that,....had enough yet?:D

chirpy999

May 31, 2001
Go for KTM

I have a XR 400 my friend has a KTM 400 Exc , the difference in the quality of the bikes is amazing , youll only need to get a good sump guard and brush guards to have a trick bike, unlike the honda where you have to spend on the Bars, Exhaust, Air filter, new decals brake pipe etc. Youll not regret going to KTM.

greg hall

Oct 16, 2001
no contest

electric start,x ring chain,bars,weight.suspesion not ten years old,hydrolic clutch,ect.,ect.,oh $2000.00 dollars more :) . I own a 2002 400EXC & it is awsome and I was a devoted honda owner but reluctantly switched but glad I did its so easy to ride and when it stalls (rarely)hit the E button & go!!,but change the oil alot its not a ride & forget about mantinance bike like a honda fourstroke...

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hey Shaw...!

"....ppp-l-l-l-ll--t-t-b-bbb"

Yup. Did the dirty deed on Saturday. There's now an '02 KTM MXC in the garage next to " ol' reliable." (grin)

Ride reports to follow. Wheeee-e-e-eeeeee....!

-- E-Ticket

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
oops.... It's a 400. A 520 would kick my a** on some of our death rides up in the Coast Rangge.

As Clint used to say, "A man's got's to know his limitations."

(grin)

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
Welcome to the club...

You'll really love that bike. I know, I'm 6 months ahead of you! ;)

The orange will grow on you.

It's an excellent playbike (like the XR) and a competitive race mount. Best of both worlds if you ask me! :)

Looking forward to the ride report!

Tiger

Top Bottom