Haven't seen my wife that excited since I proposed

DH Dad

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2003
She got home from work about 10:30 last night, I was spackling the dining room walls and asked her to get me a sandpaper block from the garage. Then I immediately followed her with a camera when she opened the door to the garage she nearly fell over seeing her brand new TTR125LE sitting there.

She was actually shaking from excitement, something I haven't seen since I proposed to her 8 years ago. Pretty awesome feeling. Anyways, it didn't take long for her to get used to it driving around our neighborhood. Yes, she was riding without a light at 11:00 at night with a downhill bicycle helmet on since she doesn't have a dirt bike helmet yet. She got it up to 3rd going around the block. Thank god the TTR125LE is so quiet or she would have woken up the whole neighborhood.

Anyway, very exciting night. Thanx for all of your help everyone in picking the TTR for her first bike, she loves it and it seems to fit her great. :thumb:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Awesome! Now get her signed up here so we can get the ride reports!!

Mini_Thumper

~SPONSOR~
Dec 17, 2002
That's great! I love to hear surprise stories like that. I loved my TTR125, and I hope that your wife enjoys her new bike as much as I did!!

Definately get her signed up here so we can get some reports from her!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Okay, you followed her with the camera - WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS?
I'll forgive you if you're like a lot of us with an "old fashioned" roll film camera, but if it's digital, com'on ya gotta share ;)

Was it her birthday or just a way cool surprise? Either way, way to go :) Definitely either get her signed up or get her to talk to us in either case, we all love hearing from other women.

LJB

Mar 26, 2003
WOW! I decided to join this site tonight (since my big surprise last night) , little did I know there was a post about me here!

Just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone and say how psyched I was that my husband surprised me with my TTR125 (Isn't he awesome). I really was 100% taken back by the whole thing. I was actually a little annoyed that he was making me trudge down to the garage after I just came in from a long boring night of work. Boy was I surprised!!

Anyway I know alot of you helped in our decision making for this bike and I want to say thanks! It really feels like a perfect fit and I can't wait to start riding the trails.

Can't wait to chat about the new riding experiences!!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Welcome aboard LJB :) Yah, husbands have a great way of annoying us women huh :) And yip, he's awesome (you don't have to throw him away just yet, he's a keeper for now ;))
So, how many times have you gone out to the garage to look today? Others will probably ask how many times you've gone out to sit on the bike & make the noises of it running lol
Any late night shopping at the bike shops near you? Definitely get a helmet asap.
Welcome aboard again & looking forward to hearing about your first real ride :)
Michelle

DH Dad

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2003
Originally posted by LJB
WOW! I decided to join this site tonight (since my big surprise last night)

Hi honey, good to see you signed up. These girls are looking for a lot of feedback from you now that my part's done. Happy riding.

Originally posted by Michelle
I'll forgive you if you're like a lot of us with an "old fashioned" roll film camera

Yes, we do have an old fashioned roll film camera, not only that we're horrible at getting pictures developed. We still have film that my wife shot of me during my first National DH bike race that isn't developed. I'll have to finish this roll and bring all 20 rolls down to get developed, then I'll post the shots.

Now that she's got her bike and she's signed up here I guess it's time for me to get out of the Women's Forum, too bad cause you girls have some of the best feedback I've heard. :thumb: Looking forward to posting some pics. of her riding though, I won't completely disappear.

LJB

Mar 26, 2003
Hi Michelle!

I had to laugh at this question because I was sneaking a peak all day long! Not to mention a few dances here and there! I had my son saying "Mommy's motorcycle".

Hey there DH-Dad, I'm bugging out of work early so I can go home and start up my machine. Lets wake up the neighbors!! See ya soon.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
DH, no need to run away, you might just have to watch what you post from now on ;) I've gotten really good about getting films developed, but I have to admit I had one film in the camera which had all sorts of pix on it - from about 4 months ago till recent, plus 1 film I'd taken out, but had left for a couple of months before getting developed.

LJ, glad to hear you're "normal". How old's your son? Old enough for his own bike or has he got one? (I love kids that ride motorcycles, it's the ones that don't that I can't handle lol)

BTW, check out a thread a few down from here with altagirl posting about her first ride. There are a couple of links which may help you too.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by LJB
... I'm bugging out of work early so I can go home and start up my machine. Lets wake up the neighbors!! ....

Congrads LJB! <begin bad influence> If you REALLY want to wake up the neighbors, BBR makes a wonderful aftermarket exhaust pipe for the little TTR that adds about 10% more power and makes it sounds like a YZ450F ggrrrowwwwllllll! <end bad influence>

motochic

Mar 25, 2003
It's great to see such excitement and to have another woman on a bike! I love my TTR 125L. It's a lot of fun and easy to manage. Enjoy! Great hubby, you have!

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
It's definitely great to see other women as excited as I am about getting into the sport! (I spent last night trying on my new Fox pants that came in the mail - and then had to try them on with my jersey, and boots, and then sit on the motorcycle...)

I'm new here too, but have already found this board to be an incredible resource - I'm sure you will too! Can't wait to hear your ride reports!

Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
Welcome LJB! Congratulations on the new bike. What a great guy you have to surprise you with a new toy.

So I take it you aren't one of the ladies from the "garage improvement" commercials on Speed Channel where the garage facelift consists of three new toys?! ;)

LJB

Mar 26, 2003
Hello ladies, sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I generally only check internet stuff a couple times a week.

Anyway, I've been riding my bike almost everynight. Mostly road but I did try some stuff in my backyard. Not the typical backyard, lots of ledge, logs and dirt (we're not into that grass thing yet). I'm having the best time riding! I'm making your typical newbie mistakes, not shifting quick enough, hitting the throttle going over bumps etc... But it's a great time. And I really love how excited my son gets when he sees me riding. He just jumps up and down yelling "mommy's motorcycle!"

Question: Are any of you ladies from Massachusetts by any chance? I don't know anyone that owns a dirtbike never mind ride them. I'll be riding with DH-Dad as soon as he gets a bike but it's always fun to have a "girls night out"

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
LJB,
First, welcome to DRN!
Second, I don't live in Mass, but I do live in RI and have a 21 year old daughter who has just started riding. She loves it!
Shoot me an email, and I'll get you in touch with her.
Keith

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Hey LJB:

If you read Papakeiths response..I'm his stepdaughter. I just started riding as well, and I'm doing ok, much much better than when I first stared. I'm even getting into woods and hills! I finally learned to stop which is great! But, enough about me...We live in Rhode Island but love to ride all the time. Where in Mass are you located? We could get together...It'd be great to have another girl to ride with! Shoot me and e-mail or response.
~Samantha

LJB

Mar 26, 2003
Hey SqueakyGirl,

I would love to ride. I live in Natick, MA. I do however need to get on the bike a little more. I just spent the last 2 weeks preparing for a trek up Tuckermans Ravine in NH. That was awesome by the way. Anyway, I'm hoping by the end of May beginning of June to hit the trails. Where do you ride?

Send me an email and we'll chat (ljburati@rcn.com)

Top Bottom