Mar 1, 2005
first off let me say i did read the jetting links befor i attemped to jet.ok,as you all know i have been trying to get the 125 jetted right.im trying to eliminate a lean bog above idle.i have gone from a 37.5 pilot to a 55 and it still bogs,and with the stock pilot being a 45 this makes no sense to me.it had a leaner than stock needle in it so after trying that i ordered the stock needle which i think helped but it still bogs.bike has a fresh top end,clean filter and a new left crank seal.im also running 110 race fuel.oh yea about the seal,i took my fw cover off today and found liquid in there again!i couldnt believe it since i had put in the new seal per the manual.my father tells me that it could be some of the grease we used to install the seal getting hot and draining off alttle.is this possible?the reason i assume its a lean bog is because if i dont release or at least back off the throttle it will die and i will have to restart it.also once i restart it,it sounds alittle lean but as soon as i give it a blip of throttle it sounds fine.i guess the reason for this is because there is no fuel there and when it dies like that its because its starving itself out of fuel.please someone offer some feedback,im totally lost on what to do short of paying a shop to diagnose it,which they wont be able to ride the bike so they cant be of much help for jetting.although they'd take my 80 bucks in labor if i offered :think: also if anyone need's more details i will try my best to provide

dirt ninja

Feb 20, 2006
Im sure you did but i have to ask if you adjusted your air screw? Another possibility is getting the air screw confused with the idle possibly. Just food for thought.

usgpru27

Jan 15, 2005
I have had the same problem. I have a 35 pilot, 2 3/4 turns on the air screw (honda manual says 2 1/2) 69 needle 3rd clip, 350 main. This is for about 65-70 deg. I am using a mix of pump and race fuel at 50-50. 40:1. Note that leaded race fuel burns slower and runs leaner. I didnt get mine figured out till I used standard premium unleaded then went into the race gas. I have a Bills Pipe and 2 stage reeds. Everything else is stock. With this set up my 01CR runs very smooth in the woods with no hesitation.

Mar 1, 2005
sorry for taking so long to get back,float height is set,air screw has been adjusted till im blue in the face but the bog will not go away no matter what i try.i cant believe with what i've read on how rich they come from the factory that i've gone 2 sizes bigger on the pilot and it still bogs as if its lean.the thing i dont get is that with these bigger jets in it,the bike spooges like crazy and runs rich above 1/4 throttle but if i snap it open quickly it bogs.i am really lost and out of ideas.the only thing left that i can think of would be a air leak,but with a leak wouldnt it bog and run lean everywhere?also i ran premium pump fuel in it fo 2 yrs befor making the switch to race fuel and it bogged with that also.

FoxRocks

Apr 9, 2006
Hi,
Just an idea but have you checked your silencer packing? My bike was bogging big time in power ban and getting lots of spooge out the pipe. Just my two cents, it might help.
Here is a link that was givin to me, it's Eric Gorrs jetting help/guide...scroll down to where it talks about various problems and symptoms, it may get you going in the right direction.

http://ericgorr.com/techarticles/carbtuning.html

~FOX~

usgpru27

Jan 15, 2005
Personally I think you are going in the wrong direction. You are rich.. Again you noted that you are using race fuel that will want leaner jetting.. I would put in a 30-35 pilot with the air screw out 2 3/4. 69 needle on the 3rd or 2nd clip and a 350 main. Mine is still rich on this setting running 50/50 race pump gas. Blend a gallon of fuel and try this set up. And this is for a nice day. say 75 deg. If warmer leaner yet. My bike still spooges a little but nothing like it did..

ecy063

Sep 15, 2005
To confirm a lean condition I sometimes try to inject fuel into the motor via an external fuel supply. If the bog goes away when you shoot a shot of carb cleaner down the carb you may have a lean mis-fire.

Mar 1, 2005
i agree, i think its to rich also because of all the excess smoking i never had befor and when i rev it out in the upper gears after riding in low rpms it will pop once or twice as if its trying to clear itself out.it never did this until i put the big pilot in it.i have one ? i would really like to know the answer to,is a bog a lean only condition?its really annoying trying to ride in the woods when i have a low speed bog since i have to either use the clutch or hold the throttle at about half until the revs come up a bit.everything i have read seems to indicate that a low rpm bog can be caused by an air leak if jetting wont get rid of it.can i spray all possible leakage sources with carb cleaner while the bike is idling and see how it reacts?i will do a plug chop and get back with the results of that,but i really think i have a leak somewhere.anymore input appreciated,thanks :cool:

usgpru27

Jan 15, 2005
Its rich on the pilot.. Put in a 30 and try again.. If it were lean it would not really bog.. It would want to rev but not make any power and feel weak.

Top Bottom