palmer69

~SPONSOR~
Jan 1, 2003
I feel whole now; I just bought a '97 200 last weekend and have been doing the usual clean-up, adjustment, tinkering that you do when you buy a used bike. The headlight is missing the bulb, so I looked in the owner's manual for the replacement number but couldn't find it.
What is the right bulb, and where can I get one (besides a Kaw dealer)?
Thanks,

Matt

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
The bulb part # is 92069-1080. I believe it's dealer only, and it costs $22.07 retail. I'd look on the big online auction site for an entire headlight assembly. Probably costs the same, and if you buy the whole thing then you get spare parts too.

-Charles

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The price of a OEM replacement bulb at a Kaw dealer is outrageous - something like $24.

Check out Fredette at www.frpoffroad.com. Send an e-mail or call (708) 946-0999. They don't have it listed on their web site, but Jeff can hook you up for about $8-$9.

Or check out www.denniskirk.com. I believe that the part number is #22280. You basically need a 12 volt, 25/25w bulb. I think you can get one for around $4. Heck, here's the web site: http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/details/detail.asp?serverid=OffRoad&PartNo=22280

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
what huh 20 bucks for 25/25 not so their about 10 bucks from your KAWI dealer and get a 30/30 i just repaced mine
i have a 2001 kdx it should all be the same stuff i would question your dealer ---i looked all around for a replace ment--the only place you can get one is your dealer--u also can use a bulb out of a yamaha WR maybe their differnt than mine but i would sitll quiz your dealer about that pice

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Well it's been about 8 months since I priced it, but I do remember it was over $20 list. Are you sure the bulb you were quoted was in fact an OEM bulb from Kawasaki?

Reason I ask is because I know the dealer very well, and he quoted me Kawi's list price. He would not screw me on a lightbulb. I was quoted dealer cost, and that was outrageous as well.

The only place you can get one is not just the dealer. See my post above.

Perhaps your dealer found a good, cheap source for replacement bulbs, but I suspect that they are not Kawi OEM. And there's not any reason why they need to be either - all you need to do is find a bulb with the right wattage that fits!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A blub under $20 from a kawi dealer is not an oem blub.

Get a substitute as noted above.

**Note** it's a double filament bulb? ...and your hi-beam switch is missing? ;)

If your bulb burns out, you can either modify the socket to allow 180º out install to connect to the unused filament, or tack a bit of wire between the two contacts with a soldering iron.

If your setup has a bulb with two filaments, might as well use both of 'em.

**EDIT**
I didn't exactly say, but the inference of 'use both of 'em' to be one at a time! OEM lighting coil won't handle both at once. Likely too much heat with both of them 'on' anyway.

Last edited:

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
my bike uses a 30/30 bulb and lites both fillaments and i got it for 10 bucks there was no way i was going to pay 20 for a stupid light bulb-- i looked high and low to find a replacement bulb before i went to my dealer i was worried that i was going to get reamed but i did't sounds like your get ing the ripppped maybe i'll ask my dealer where he get his bulbs :)

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
The bulb style number is P15D-1 check with your local Napa or other auto parts dealer they maybe able to get them for you,I get mine from a local shop for a whopping $1.95 canadian for the 25w bulb,you can also check with a snowmobile dealer,these bulbs were used on alot of older machines and there are alot of aftermarket ones out there,it just takes some phoning around to find them.

palmer69

~SPONSOR~
Jan 1, 2003
Thanks for the all the input.
I was at a dealer yesterday and he quoted me $22 bucks. In the same breath he said if you have the old one, just bring it in, I can probably cross reference it. Code for "yeah I know it's a rip, I can help you out". Well, I don't have the old one, but thanks to jdbrusch I have the style number.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I use to ride with a headlight but ripped the darn thing off after relizing that if you ride in the daytime really hard and fast and cover alot of ground,, by the time it gets night time,, you will be to tired to ride at all. Also i ride with alot of people and i took a rock in the 30 dollar headlight and it broke it. I will never buy another!!!!

Top Bottom