john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
I keep blowing bulbs on my '97 ATK 260 Enduro (Ascerbis light kit comes from the factory). Any ideas on what gives? Could it be a short somewhere? I hate to keep putting $5 headlights in every time I ride, not to mention $2 taillights. Plus, it's sort of inconvenient to change them. I would think that if it was a short that they would blow as soon as I fire it up. They usually last for a couple of rides though. Thanks in advance!

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Check for good ground on your voltage regulator, it will shunt current to ground (back to the frame, then hopefully the case) when the voltage exceeds 14.5 volts or so. If it can't cunduct to ground, voltage spikes too high, bulbs burn out...It could be intermittant, it only takes a second...

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
I'll try that next time I'm with the bike. I guess it would be a good time to check all of the connections and make sure everything is solid, good connection, etc. Do you know what the standard voltage is (I believe the stator is rated at 160W, if that makes a difference...)?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
shouldn't exceed about 14.5 V I believe.  Do you have an accurate tester?  Make sure you rev the engine when testing.

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
Yeah, Dad has a nice multimeter that we can use check continuity, voltage, etc. I'll update when I have a chance to monkey with the bike. Going on vacation tomorrow but I'll try to post sometime next week. Thanks for the help!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom