r1150rider

Jul 21, 2009
I recently bought a 96 KDX 200. I have gone through the bike and have made several repairs and improvements. I have remedied all of the bikes issues except for one minor one that is puzzling me. The rear taillight will not work. I replaced the entire socket assembly and bulb. Nothing. It should be noted that the headlight works as does everything else on the bike. Ignition is also perfect. Fires up quickly, even when cold and runs perfect at all rpm at a wide range of altitudes. I was wondering if anyone knows of an inherent problem that could get me pointed in a certain direction before I go crazy with the wiring schematic. Thanks everyone in advance for your expertise.

jonooffler

Jun 10, 2009
Hi the rear light are a bit strange on these they only work when the main light is on, I was getting mine ready for road use and bought a duel bulb and holder to fit on the rear to get tail and brake light, when I looked at the wiring loom I found that the looks like a resistor in the system that allows the one filiment bulb to be a tail light (very dim ) and a brake light at the same time.
Jono

Top Bottom