gf

Dec 21, 2010
hi all
my first post here.
im in canada where winter is in full bloom bo hoo.
anyway i joined this site in hopes of some advice on a project i'm building.
first off i should say i love the look of super motard. this is what i would like to biuld.
i gathered up a used honda cr250 aluminum rolling chassis, no motor or body pannels.
my goal is to make it into a dual purpose on road only super motard looking 1 off machine.
i was hoping to use a crf450 engine but can that engine run lighting?
or what would you suggest that will be a good fit for the cr250?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2007
Hi there, I live near that frozen North you hail from. If you're looking for the dual purpose rotoracer, I'd go right ahead and start by looking at the CRF450X (not R) for ideas. Baja Designs makes a few lighting kits that you could start from as well. Their website might even have a few ideas and hints that would help you along in your project.

Post up pictures of your bike as it comes along. We'd love to see!

gf

Dec 21, 2010
justalonewolf007 said:
Hi there, I live near that frozen North you hail from. If you're looking for the dual purpose rotoracer, I'd go right ahead and start by looking at the CRF450X (not R) for ideas. Baja Designs makes a few lighting kits that you could start from as well. Their website might even have a few ideas and hints that would help you along in your project.

Post up pictures of your bike as it comes along. We'd love to see!

hey
thanks man, funny you mentioned baja, i just ordered from them today a set of led turn signals / with driver block and a led tail light/plate holder.
i'm really not shure what to get for headlight.
my goal is only to have a street only super motard looking hardcore mx bike. no off road at all.
see i have lots of drag racing fun in the last 30 years that i having to fight the urge to go cr500 engine just for power.
i heard 4 stroke ktm this summer and i was hooked.
also i think a 4 stroke will be more tractable and controlable
as well as tunable.
not to mention the thump, thump, thump, thump , thump
adictive!
i will post a build post when i can. this weekend i'm jumping in with both feet.

happy holidays

Apr 30, 2007
Actually...I am a "wo-man."

Well...tune-ability will be an apples to oranges sort of thing. It all depends on what you like and how you run it. The final kicker for me is that a rebuild for a 2-stroke is going to be about 500 bucks maximum, and that is if nearly everything possible breaks.

The thumpers are much more high maintenance, and three times as costly for parts alone (this based on hearsay). Either way. I still want to hear how this turns out!

gf

Dec 21, 2010
justalonewolf007 said:
Actually...I am a "wo-man."

Well...tune-ability will be an apples to oranges sort of thing. It all depends on what you like and how you run it. The final kicker for me is that a rebuild for a 2-stroke is going to be about 500 bucks maximum, and that is if nearly everything possible breaks.

The thumpers are much more high maintenance, and three times as costly for parts alone (this based on hearsay). Either way. I still want to hear how this turns out!
well, i'm very sorry
thanks for your thoughts
this weekend i'm in the middle of new head bearings and wheel bearings as well as replace all related swingarm bearings seals and so on.
i'm very early in this build and i love it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom