Hello all...

thanks for flyin firecracker for the site recommendation...nice to see more female riders!
just a bit of boring info about myself...I'm 38, I just graduated to a YZ125 from a KX100 in April of this year..
I live in Oregon, near Portland, and my fave type of riding in order would be dunes, tracks, and woods.
I'm thinking of doing something competitively, not sure what yet, not enduro however..
guess that's it for now...
if you're interested, I've got riding pics in the link
cheers!
Holley

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Welcome Holley! Glad to have another female rider join us here. We're all friendly (well most of the time) so join right in. Be sure to post any ride reports or anything else for that matter. We love to hear 'em! Again, welcome:)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Welcome, Holley!

Dayum, girl you get some good air in those pictures!

thanks!

for all the welcomes :)
I've spent most of the afternoon uploading pictures and being incredibly non productive at work....:D
I just can't seem to finish my website, so, being the lazy person I tend to be, I just figured I'd put them on Yahoo!
so where are you from bbbom? Oregon?
and LoriKTM, here's my secret to getting air...have the person taking the pictures lie down on the ground LOL!!!

bbbom

Subscriber
Holley, I'm in SE Washington near Spokane.

Finally figured out where the link was - DANG that is some air, even if the camera person is laying on the ground (as you say Holley, may have to ask the firecracker about that).

The only way I could get someone to lay on the ground to shoot pics of me in the air is if I dig a real big hole for them to hide in. I don't get quite enough air to clear a human body! :scream:

Now Dunes like THAT with a beach and all could influence my riding preference! Hmmmm how far is it from Spokane to the dunes in the pics? It's pretty hot & dry in the woods here! :)

Welcome Holley! Always glad to welcome another female to the ranks. Watch out guys, the force is growing! ;)

I LOVE those Oregon dune pics!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Hey there, glad you found us! Your pictures look great. I'm jealous. Even if I were to catch air like that, there's never anyone around to immortalize me on film! Only when I'm trailside changing sparkplugs and Steve yells "Hold on, it's a KTM moment!" :think

Hey gals, Oregon dunes trip! Steve and I have been TRYING to plan one for a month now but someone can't plan anything ahead of time if his life depended on it . . . the only trips we've made are the ones I planned 6 months before and said "WE ARE GOING RIDING THIS WEEKEND" or we just said "Hey, let's go camping" the night before. :silly: I don't know what the problem is with trying to plan ahead. I guess being constantly on call for work kind of puts a damper on things like that.

Anyway, maybe sometime in late August/early September? I found a paddle for my bike :D

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Ok, my computer ignorance is showing again. I can't find the link and I'd love to see the pictures. Will someone explain it to me PLEASE .
I hate it when I can't figure something out! :silly:

Heya holley! Glad to have you with us :)

Me, I be (WILL BE) graduating from the 100 to a kx125, riding in order motocross, motocross, & finally motocross, some mountain biking and wakeboarding, Trails are dead last for me too.
Hmm something competitive...How bout trying competitive motocrossing, would b fun
:cool:

curlyma

Lifetime Sponsor
Another "hello and glad to 'meet' you!" Also impressed with the photo's. If I happen to catch a little air, so totally by accident! One of these days I'll get the technique down right...........

Welcome! You mentioned doing something competitive, do you think you'll try motocross? That's what I do. Although, the dunes look like tons of fun!!:cool:

thanks again everyone:cool: !!
bbbom, the dunes are about 4-5 hours from us here in the Portland area, so I don't know how far Spokane is from here, quite a ways I suspect! But it's worth it. They go for miles and miles, and where we ride, you can go without even seeing other people, it's not very crowded at all. The Florence end is where most people go (the North end) and we usually go to the south end.
I am definately thinking of motocross, but I'm really really slow.. oh well, it would be just for fun. My 12 year old neighbor (on the KX in the photos) totally smokes me, but he's been really helpful in getting me on the track, and he's the one who taught me how to jump! We take him on all our camping trips, and he bought my KX100, and races both it and his 80.
firecracker, we're going back down to the dunes probably in September...we should get as many people together as we can...that would be a blast!
I don't know where everyone's from, I'll have to look at everyone's profiles...
It's nice to finally find a forum where women actually POST things!
I tried the Yahoo clubs, but there's not a thing going on there...
Cheers!
Holley

bbbom

Subscriber
Looks like 8 - 9 hours from Spokane to Dunes City. That may be doable in September.

Dune Spodefest Time!

Firecracker, it's a male thing. Karl says it is just his spontaneity! :silly: We pretty well do the same last minute lets go thing. Sure does keep the rest of the world guessing though and life more interesting!

Holley, is the first pic of the 90CR500 you? How do the smaller bikes fair in the sand though? My son is on a KX60 (possibly on the CR80E by then) and the girls are on a PW80 and LEM50. Is there any place for the little ones to ride or should they plan on just enjoying the beach?

(Oops, sounds like I'm making plans!) :eek: