SPEEDKING

Nov 23, 2005
Great site!

Been riding for a couple of years, started on a used ktm250exc and then bought a 04 300mxc. Started racing and had some moderate success in the B class and hope to move to the A's soon.

Bought an AF a few days ago and she's a beauty! An 03 CR500AF. Since it's used I tore most everything apart except for the engine and I will do that soon enough. So far so good.

I bought it because I wanted one ever since I saw one, and even more when I rode one!! Hope it works out but just in case I'm keeping the 300..it works real well in the AZ single track. ANother reason I bought it is to do some long distance exploring.

Believe it or not the 500 is pretty good on gas..about 30 on fire roads...low 20's on single track and can go at a pretty good clip as well. My buddy has a Grande Canyon Tour he leaves from the Phoenix area and goes 350 miles, all dirt except for 16 miles!!!

The handle I chose isn't because I'm fast but what I sound like when I answer the phone ..it's was coined by a riding buddy of mine who IS truley a Speed King. So I picked it because of this AND because my normal handle was already taken:) :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

We have a pile of KTM folks here on the site and the godfather of the CR500 is a mod, so you have found the right home!

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom