kawrider

Jun 27, 2004
Hi,
I love this site! Just bought a brand new '04 KDX 200. It's my first brand new bike, I love it. I've been riding on and off for 15 years, I've owned 4 previous KDXs and a couple of Hondas.
My 14 year old step-son and I went on a ride in Rockford AL this passed weekend, It was his first real ride. The up-hills
terrified him, we got lost due to stolen trail markers and he crashed at 60 plus mph. 15 miles away from the truck, he drops the 85 XR in the creek. The engine hydrostaticly locks and the de-compression lever is broken. I go back for the sweep crew while he is walking out. I figure he will never go on another ride with me again. When he gets back, he exclaims to his near panicked Mom that he cannot wait to fix the bike and go again!
I live in central AL and my property joins a large timber company so I get to ride everyday and normally 20 to 30 miles round trip. Luckyme! My wife is a nurse so she can patch us up. All four of my kids love to ride, Two girls,16and 13 and the two boys 14 and 6.
I guess I'll go broke buying bikes,gas and gear!
Later,
Dave :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Central Alabama, Mmmmm we have members scattered around the state and a few in Birmingham. How far are you from Birmingham?

Check out the DirtWeek 2004 Presented by Answer & MSR forum for an epic gathering coming up this fall at Cooperland Raceway, near Stillwater, Oklahoma. It is jamb packed with fun for all ages and a true family affair.

GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
I dont know if your still looking at this thread but I live in central AL and I have quite a few places to ride. I also ride a KDX. I live in Irondale and I can ride from my house all the way to Vandiver. Thats a LONG ride on some nice powerlines on USX land. There also a place in Trussville called Deerfoot. Its more of a 4x4 type place but its still a big place to ride.

If interested EMAIL me at STIHLCuttinGrass@aol.com

Top Bottom