2banger

Oct 1, 2007
I just installed a athena factory works kit not the big bore on my 2000 yz 125 with v force 3 reeds and a fmf rev. it runs good at wot but breaks up low-mid i have searched to find help and have found none yet i am running stock carb jetting and settings. talked to fmf today and they told me the jettin and setting for a stock motor. but could not help with the factory works kit. i am starting to get discouraged with my choice of motor work. ALSO as if thats not enough i fill my radiator run it fill it. its good start it and some shoots out my overflow a cup or so???? never had this happen before. fill it again same thing what is going on?? all help welcome thanks in advance adam :yikes: :think: :| :bang:

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
Are you using race fuel i think it needs at least 100 depending on what dome that is in it, ask athena. Or if they just give you some bs like it should be fine then talk to Eric Gorr he is the dirt bike god and will most definietly be able to help. It may just be as simple as changing your pilot and clip position. Look at the plug it could be fouled. I have a mod that was a pain in the ass to get running right jetting makes a huge difference and plug gap it should be between .024-.028. send more info when you can I will do my best to help you. :)

Ryan

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
as for the coolant issue you may want to try a new radiator cap possibly a stiffer spring it will keep the coolant from boiling so quick stant has caps marked 1.4 and 1.6 meaning they can handle more pressure, stock is 1.1 you could also try redline water wetter and water all that engine ice and Pliquid are is just proyplene glycol. dont get fooled that they lower the water temp by 20 degrees its not true. hope this helps. :cool:

2banger

Oct 1, 2007
thanks for everyones help i took the motor back apart to find one of the o-ring type gasket on top end burnt up. so the coolant system was getting pressury from the motor. i looked further to find that one of my raditor tubes behind expansion chamber was crushed limiting the flow. i hope that was alot of the problem coolant was mixed with gas/oil drained cleaned waiting for new piston and ring kit to be able to put it back together i figured the piston was already damaged on exhuast side so i should just replace it now. thanks everyone adam

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Someone said that athena had a recall on the 144 kits about they spec'd the wrong compression o - rings something about they wasn't large enough in diameter. Just be glad your kit hasn't done what someone else I know the ring broke and damnaged the head after just 5 hrs of run time.

Top Bottom