Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Home is where you make it. ;)

The night life here in Waco TX is pretty limited. It's quiet most of the time and not much to do. With exception of Baylor University and TSTC students, you pretty much either own the town or work for someone that does. Very click-ish here. The good thing is I can be anywhere else in about an hour or so and find anything I want. A typical weekday for me (after work) would be hanging around with Tigger, running errands, eating out (best Mexican food choices anywhere) and keeping a low profile. If I wanted to shake a leg during the week there is opportunity for that too. The weekends are different. Band gigs are usually out of town. Major cities are 1 to 2 hours away. Shopping is the same, the opportunity for tourism is even better.

Riding gets even better. 15 minutes to the Waco MX track for during the week. There isn't much in the way of trails or woods riding but for after work there is some available. Choices for track riding is pretty good here. On the weekend I usually spend anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours getting to where I want to go. My choices besides Waco are Lake Whitney, Burleson, Village Creek, Mosier Valley, Cross Creek, VP Cycle Ranch and a half dozen more. I plan to hit the trails around Austin and the National Forest around Houston someday.

The cost of living in an area away from the metroplex is about half what it is there. It's worth my sanity to drive the distance to have the excitement I desire since the travel time is about the same.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Texas - God's country
If you consider fire ants to be God. :scream:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Fire Ants? Go anywhere in TX and you won't find any...they're all in MY yard. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
No Woods he was talking about ME! ;)

There is an upside to the little critters. If you have a fire ant mound in your yard you don't have fleas, ticks or most any other bug.

Greenhorn is kinda' taking the idea to the extreme though. He's got little collars and names for every one of his pets.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
God a pantless wonder??? :confused:

Just don't get fire ants in your pants... that's speaking from experience. :eek:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Patman
Thanks Tony! I never knew you saw me as a God. :)

Beware of lightning! Actually I was thinking a little farther out ..... I guess you can see it if you look west from your place.

Regarding fire ants ... You don't bother them, they don't bother you. I'll bring my CD with the song "Them Mexican Fire Ants" next time.

T

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So your saying "Patmanliness is next to Godliness"? :) I can live with that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom