HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I have a '01 Tacoma 4DR pick-up and, beginning last night, a 1996 CR500R. When I picked up the bike, I had the bed extender in the truck. However, I quickly learned that the beast won't fit in the back with the extended in place (much less the gate up!). I wound up pinning the extender between the front wheel and bed to prevent losing it on the road. Any tips?

Also, having a short bed, what would be the best ramp? Or should I rough it and lift in and out?:eek:

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Sounds like you will need to leave the extender at home. Is the rear wheel supported on the tailgate? If so, just be careful not to store anything in the bed that may slide out and leave the gate down. Not much choice.

A regular ramp won't fit in the bed with the gate up, right? Don't worry, you won't be able to close the gate anyway. Build one long enough to use and drill a hole on one end to tie it off to a hook at the front of the bed. If it sticks out very far you'll need to put a red flag on it. Lifting the bike would not be fun.

Or you could do what I do and tow a trailer.

Top Bottom