Help, my bike doesnt want to run...

Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
My bike was runing better then it has ever ran up until i didnt start it for like 2 weeks, and all of sudden it wouldnt run. Everytime i would try to start it, it would either not go, or if it did start it was like it had no power so when i would give it some gas it would make a low mumbly sound and then just die, i tried to push start and it started but did the mumbly low sound and the died.

My spark plug is fine, the air filter is clean, and i didnt do any hardcore riding, it just died one day.

There was old gas in the tank, i left in with fuel stabilizer all winter long, could that maybe be it, cause i havent had a chance to get any new gas yet, please help...

thank you

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I would drain the tank and put in some fresh gas. Replace the spark plug anyway and if that does not do it you may have to clean the carb. If you left gas in the carb and the put the stablizer in the tank then the gas that was in the carb was more than likely not mixed with the stablizer and is stale or varnished. I would make sure you drain the gas from the bowl and let it fill with fresh gas from the tank. When you drain the tank if the gas smells like varnish you might have to clean the carb out real good.

Good luck

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
You letting it warm up a little? I start mine, and let it idle for 10 seconds or so before I touch the throttle, then I take off the choke and blip it lightly for another minute or so, then I'm ready to go. I would definatly go with new gas though. My YZ pretty much hates anything thats not fresh!

Top Bottom