MarKGftAV

Jul 21, 2007
I have a 2004 Honda CR250 and need to replace the clutch plates in it but have no idea how to. I have the plates and tools but I wasn't the one who took the original plates out so my bike is just sitting in my garage with no oil and I lost the oil bolt for the bottom of the bike. Can someone explain to me how to install the plates?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
You sure that's a plate and not part of the clutch hub? Count the number of plates in your kit and the number of plates you removed already.

MarKGftAV

Jul 21, 2007
im pretty sure that its a plate. i had a friend do it that is really good at bikes and races and all of that. also before i took out the plates the engine was running a but weird. it almost sounded like the piston wasnt moving up or down but everything else was running.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
MarKGftAV said:
im pretty sure that its a plate. i had a friend do it that is really good at bikes and races and all of that. also before i took out the plates the engine was running a but weird. it almost sounded like the piston wasnt moving up or down but everything else was running.
Whoa :coocoo:

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
dude, not to be a jerk but if your friend is so good, and he took it out, have him fix it. And if your piston is'nt moving, then nothing is. A clutch kit is easy to put in, but you gotta atleast have some common knowledge of how your bike works......

MarKGftAV

Jul 21, 2007
j.lawson said:
dude, not to be a jerk but if your friend is so good, and he took it out, have him fix it. And if your piston is'nt moving, then nothing is. A clutch kit is easy to put in, but you gotta atleast have some common knowledge of how your bike works......
Nah man I'm a computer nerd lol. I barely know the basics of having a dirtbike. The kid wants to charge me money to put them back in and he wants $70. I have the manual but cant make any sense of it. Im a little scared ill break something. And your not being a jerk your just helping out and I appreciate it alot. Im going to go to town and see if i cant pick up some oil and try this out. Thanks for your help. :)

Top Bottom