cwood2314

Mar 8, 2020
I have a 1982 yamaha It175 that i’ve never seen run. I recently replaced the top end on it. It has spark, compression, fuel, and air. I cant think of anything else to check on it. I’ve sprayed gas directly into the cylinder and it shows no signs of life. However; sometimes when I’m trying to kick it over it will ignite for a split second. I’ve taken the reed valve out and checked it, it’s not in the best of shape but that shouldn’t cause the engine not to start up at all, should it? I’m stuck. anything and everything will help if anyone has suggestions.

J-storm69

XR bandit
Oct 11, 2019
I have a 1982 yamaha It175 that i’ve never seen run. I recently replaced the top end on it. It has spark, compression, fuel, and air. I cant think of anything else to check on it. I’ve sprayed gas directly into the cylinder and it shows no signs of life. However; sometimes when I’m trying to kick it over it will ignite for a split second. I’ve taken the reed valve out and checked it, it’s not in the best of shape but that shouldn’t cause the engine not to start up at all, should it? I’m stuck. anything and everything will help if anyone has suggestions.

my Xr250r made a scratch crunch sound when riding now it won’t start but can’t seem to get any help with what it could be

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
With the XR being a 4 stroke there may have been an issue with a valve coming in contact with the piston or something. Check the compression and maybe pull the head and check the valves and clearances. If it made a crunch sound something bad probably happened but you may not know until you pull the head off completely.

Mar 19, 2020
Heated up for about 5 mins then drove 5 miles at around 55mph varying speed so I dident over heat. 5 more miles more aggressive this time bike made a screeching noise for half a second died when I pulled the clutch. Pushed it home and found there was no coolent in the radiator.
When I did kick it to try and get it started so I would'ent have to walk home. It would fire for a split second with the screeching noise still there then die.

My question is this. What kind of damage do you think I could be dealing with??

Top Bottom