Madmanadam

Oct 30, 2007
Hi all,
I recently bought a Yz 125, Im yet to get it delivered here or pick it up but when I do Im wondering about maintenance. I know about the rings,gaskets and piston and how often to service them, I know where to buy them but I dont know how to do it myself, I will rely on the guy at the shop to teach me if none of you have a link to somewhere that I can get help.

Ive also heard (But dont know) about Rejetting and cleaning the air filter. What exactly is 'Running Rich'?

I also need to know of any other maintenance involved in a yz 125. At the start I will just be practicing, then flat tracks, then the good stuff.

Cheers, and thank you all very much for paying attention to the large amount of help I seek.

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
I would HIGHLY recommend that you invest in a service manual for your bike as well as Eric Gorr's book (here it is at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Motocross-Off...s_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201119425&sr=8-2).

The service manual will help you w/ the specifics of your machine, but Eric's book will give you a great overview of the how, what and why. If the mech at your local shop has the spare time to help you out, all the better; but it sounds like you could use some good fundamental information to get you going and Eric's book woould not only get you going but help get you to the next level.

Also, there are a lot of helpful folks on this board as a resource, but you really should do your homework first so you can ask meaningful questions to help you along; not just get you started.

Good luck!! Great choice in bikes by the way!!!

yz125MArider

Feb 12, 2008
You really dont need to rebuilt it unless your trying to get every hp out of that engine, if you need it to be chrisp every time. Pro mx races rebuilt it every race, but you can get like 5-10years without rebuilding them also. So it just depends on the riders specific needs and wants of the bike its self. good luck

Top Bottom