Bigdogdaddy69

Feb 18, 2008
well I bought a new wiesco crank off ebay. It came with bearings and seals. I previously bought bearings for the old crank but the crank was bad. So i go to put the new bearings on and after i pressed on the flywheel side i attempted the other side. With a very hard push you can push the bearing on, but it will pull off easier then it goes on. I have tried every bearings, all the Numbers matched up. Im pissed. I have heard about a trick where you take a punch and hammer and make little marks on the crank... anyone ever hear of that???

AV8R

Jan 20, 2006
If I understand you correctly the bearing on the clutch side is not tight?
If that is the case try using Locktight sleeve retainer (green). You will need to first clean the area VERY well then prep it with locktight surface prep. Then put a very thin coat of the green stuff on the outer surface of the bearing or the inner surface of the case. Use a Q-tip or something similar so you don't contaminate the surface with your finger. Intall the bearing and wait overnight before re-assemblying the rest of the motor.
I used this on the bearings on my rear hub and to this day (1 year later) they are still holding.

Top Bottom