Help?

I'm trying to get this streaming video thing down... using Microsoft's new codec. Here is one that should be pretty quick to start streaming (sorry about the content, needed some "action").

Can a few of you take a look and let me know? Tell me what speed connection you have?

Thanks!

This one is "low quality" (492K)
http://dirtrider.net/test5.WMV

This one is "medium quality" (576k, but shorter)
http://dirtrider.net/test6.WMV

Strick

Lifetime Sponsor
Okie - it worked great. We are on DSL here at the office, and even the first time through, only a minor hesitation. The loading time only varied by a couple of seconds from the actual playing time (the second time through.

Now, I will try it at home also, if you remove the CR500AF from your signature:silly: I will actually try it on the 56K connection when I get there.

Have a good weekend, and try to stay cool, or at least hydrated!

Thanks Strick...

Okay on the AF! It's gone :(
Worthwhile vid quality?

Oh and this weekend? Heatwave is gone, no humidity and 78 for the high all weekend!

KiwiBird

Lifetime Sponsor
T1 here, wouldn't bother with the quality of the 1st one, 2nd is "OK". A little hesitation a couple of times even though it has (supposedly) buffered past where it was playing.

I got "Unable to download an appropriate decompressor" on the first one.
The second one was Ok, not totally clear. I'm on a T1 here at work and there was a bit of hesitation. Pretty cool though. :)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
100% Ditto on Kiwi's response here. The first one had that digital fuzzy look pretty bad, the second was about 80% fuzz free:)

I can put a version up in full quality :) ... it'll take a T-1 to down load it in reasonable time.
I'll probably end up with two versions of everything, low-speed and high-speed connections. :( Will have some moto video this weekend.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
I have dsl. They both worked fine, but the first one was too fuzzy :( . The second one was okay on quality

I have a comcast digital cable connection. And the 2nd one ran fine with no hesitation.

How does one make a streaming video?

KiwiBird

Lifetime Sponsor
The last one is the quality I would want. Worked fine on DSL at home.

The last one was great. It started playing in about five seconds on my cable (1 MB ), no skipping. I think the pixelation in the close up is a function of the camera, not the video file.

P.S. Nice "action" shot of the dog doing his business...;)

The pixels aren't due to the camera :) ... Just picked up a Sony TRV30 ... I can't believe the vid quality! Looks as good as anything broadcast. The pixels come from the compression scheme... it tries not to replace pixels it doesn't think have changed. Compression on the web works best for talking heads, where the back ground and pretty much everything else doesn't move.

Still messing with it, I'll find a good compromise.

What's it all leading to? Lots of vid of DirtWeek, published on CD-ROM with clips on the site.