Hey all, I'm back. Have a 220 cylinder/piston question.

'01 KDX 220

Sep 22, 2005
Used to frequent here back when I had a black 1990 200, which I sold about 1 1/2 years back and stopped coming around these parts.

Just picked up a 2001 220 (note the new screen name), so I will be around here again :D

Anyway, my new bike has the stock piston still, or so I am told. With a 220, do the cylinders and pistons come in a, b, c, d, sizes like the 200 did?

And are the wiseco pistons kind of like a "one size fits all" (all b's) type of deal with these 220's too? I tried to do some research but the results were sketchy at best.

Going to ride it for this fall and then do the top end. I want to start collecting parts to do so, and I figure from what I read about the 220 pistons, Wiseco is the only way to go.

Any info would be very helpful.

TIA,

'01 KDX 220 (the old Barkeater420).

Quailchaser

Jan 30, 2004
[QUOTE='01 KDX 220]OK so just grab any Wiseco "kit" and a separate wristpin needle bearing and gaskets and I will be ok?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't just grab "any Wiseco kit"...I'd get the one for the bike your planning on putting it in. :laugh:

But to actually answer your Q, yes, get the KDX220 Standard kit and bearing like from here Monkeybutt Parts.

Top Bottom