Hey Braahp, kick starter help

tn220

Nov 1, 2004
Hey Braahp or anyone, kick starter help

Hey, I ran a search on kick starters (since mine broke) and I read where you used one off a KX125 so I picked one up today and it doesn't fit the shaft on my 220. I tried to swap the knuckel over and that did'nt work either. My bike is a 97 so how did you get yours to work? :think: L.H.

Last edited:

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
The KX starter looks so trick but it is harder to use; you'll want to have on boots not tennis shoes as the foot peg can smash you foot.
Way better in tight woods though.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I don't know why you are having trouble. I used the KX without problems. You will need to use the KDX knuckle and it's components. (o-rings, steel ball, spring, allen set screw, c-clip.) What isn't fitting?

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
You did get the one for an 89 KX, huh? Not sure why others don't like it but I think its one of the best things I have ever done to my KDX.

tn220

Nov 1, 2004
I tried one they had in stock.Could be for a new one. I didn't remember seeing where you said what year KX. I tried to swap everything onto the KDX knuckle which would work but the leaver rotates too far because the stop on the knuckle isn't long enough. I ordered a stocker today already so I can go to the woods this weekend. I'll search the thread you posted and be ready to go with the KX if this one fails. I've had my KDX for about three years now and I learned better than to start it with tennis shoes the first week. Hit right on the bone behind my big toe! :yikes: Thanks for the replys. LH

tn220

Nov 1, 2004
Looked at the hybrid starter pics. and I like it better than the stocker. I'm gonna call the shop in the morning and try to stop the order and switch it to an 89 KX leaver. Shouldn't have gotten in such a hurry but didn't want to miss ridding time here in TN. weather should be perfect Sat. :aj: Thanks.LH

Top Bottom