Jeremiah82

Apr 11, 2010
whats up from Lexington NC!!! Right now I ride a 06 raptor 700r, but thinkin about switching back to dirtbikes...I've got an offer to trade on a 03' KX250... figured I'd get some advice from some pros....I just trail ride, and ride through the neighborhood every now and then...I weigh about 140..would this be a good trade?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
There are folks better situated to tell you if the trade is better technically, but just going off the age of the machines, I would say no.

In that the machines are about equal in price (or were when they were originally sold), I think you should be trading for a 06 bike.

As for your choice of bike, the KX is a good size for you. From my perspective, I would recommend getting a two stroke over a four stroke. When you are learning to ride, why have to learn all the maintenance ins and outs at the same time?

In any case, welcome to DRN. There is a good bunch of folks here and we try to keep the background noise down and the information ACCURATE. :nod:

Jeremiah82

Apr 11, 2010
Well just picked up a 94' CR250 and 92' RM250 yesterday...The Cr is complete and runs pretty good and the Rm is all there but needs put back together except for the rear fender, throttle cable....both need a little cosmetic tlc....couldnt part with the raptor..lol..might sell it later and get something new in a couple years...gotta new baby on the way so gotta stay cheap on toys..lol

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom