Jan 26, 2007
Hi everyone ,
I am new to this site. I recently purchased my bike. I wanted either a YZ 125 or a KX 125 but due to them being too tall for me to reach the ground I went with a 2005 CR85R. I've had it for about 5 or 6 months now. I really like it alot. I usually ride it out at my grandpa's farm. I'd like to meet people from my area to ride with. That would be really cool. If anyone would be interested in riding sometime that would be awesome.
Thanks and have a great night everyone. Bye - Ann

B

biglou

What type of riding are you interested in, Ann? There are a couple of us old dudes who practice and race MX at Merwin and occasionally Kingsville. Both are about 35 miles from Belton. Sometimes we'll make the trip to Moberly, which is about 40 miles north of Columbia and race there. Merwin is the best bet for practice, as they have a natural terrain MX track, a practice/warm-up loop with some optional small jumps and there are some trails to ride there also. Kingsville has no open practice days, just racing.

I don't see myself doing any riding until, 1) my boots come in off backorder, and 2) it gets MUCH warmer!

Jan 26, 2007
Hey bikesnob and biglou!
I haven't been to any MX track before to ride. I bought my bike back in November and I have rode mainly out at my grandpa's farm out in Lone Jack. His place was the motocross track a long time ago. The hills are pretty much gone though. The track that you're talking about in Kingsville , if I remember right , where my grandpa's place is , is where they use to have their track. ( my grandpa has told me this. ) I wanted a 125cc YZ but I couldn't find any for sale back when I wanted one and the other problem is I'm not tall enough to reach the ground on a 125cc. So , I went to Freedom Cycles ( in Grandview , MO. ) And I bought a 2005 cr85r. I like it alot. It has alot of power. I am from South Kansas City , by hillcrest and blue ridge ( by bannister mall pretty much. ) I went down to deepwater and it was a long drive from where we live.
I didn't take my bike with me because # 1 it was sooo cold outside and # 2 I didn't know if they was open. The weather is horrible. I rode my bike last week and I now have the flu! It sounds like fun to ride with you guys sometime. I don't have a way to haul my bike though , because my truck is torn apart right now. ( transfer case is out of it , looking for a transfer case for it. ) Sometimes my dad lets me borrow his truck though , its hard getting my bike in the back of it , since it's lifted. I have been to Kingsville race track once , several years ago , just watching everyone race. It looks like alot of fun. Where are you from? I seen that you're waiting for your boots to come in. Well , the only thing that I wear is my helmet and goggles , thats all really.
Buying my bike costed me an arm and a leg lol... I hope to talk to you soon. Can you believe it's snowing outside AGAIN?!!? When will it ever end...... Well , talk later. Take care guys!
Bye-
Ann

B

biglou

We're in Belton, so a little closer to Merwin. Kville is ok, but no practice area, just the track. And no practice days unless he announces them on the website.

I'm not a big fan of Freedom Cycles, but they are highly visible so they do make sales. For some of the best out-the-door prices, call Warrensburg Cycles and ask for Marv. They're great folks in a small, no frills shop and they will not BS you over anything. The shop is east on 50 hwy (take 470 East to 50 east) about 35 miles from where you are.

I hear Deepwater was shut down. Too many injuries/deaths. I hadn't ridden there in 3 years or so. That place was too dangerous on the weekends. Too many people, no rules, etc. On weekdays, it was awesome because there wouldn't be anyone there and you could ride safely.

You can find me here on DRN on any given day. Once it warms up, we'll be heading out to ride somewhere. Probably Merwin. All you'd need is to get your bike to Belton and you could pile in with us. We've got trailers if we need them to make it a one-vehicle trip to wherever we're riding.

Jan 26, 2007
Hey ,
Belton is not very far from me at all. I went to Freedom Cycles because it was not far from me and I didn't know too many other shops around here. I went to a few places but they was selling brand new bikes and that wasn't in my price range ( for brand new! ) I am disappointed with Freedom though. The day I bought my bike they didn't tell me to buy any fluid for the transmission. They was suppose to clean my bike up and check it out and tell me all about it. Well , they took forever , the mechanics were cussing each other out ( why I have no idea ) They didn't check the fluids on my bike either. And , I've been riding it and now my bike has oil coming out of the silencer?
I changed the packing in it awhile back and I just changed it again the other day.
I went up there and told them I wasn't happy with them cuz when you drop over 2 grand in a used bike and now it leaks oil and it makes kind of a weird noise? down around the engine. They told me they could tear it apart and they would charge me for it. Truthfully , since they didn't even tell me about my bike or anything , if anything is wrong , they should fix it. Maybe somebody knows why my bike does that?
It still runs great but I have changed the spark plug twice just to get my bike to start on the first kick. I wouldn't take my bike back to them and have them work on it when honestly they're not very smart. They didn't even know what my bike was ( and they're the ones who sold it to me ) They told me to mix the oil and the gas 40:1 so that's what I have been doing. I have changed the oil in the tranny , and cleaned the air filter. Sometimes it bogs out when its in 1st gear when you take off or when u slow down and then hit the throttle , maybe the carb needs to be adjusted. I had the bike maybe 2 1/2 weeks before it started making a noise down by the engine. That sucks that Kingsville doesn't have any practice time. Do you win anything if you race there?
If there is anything wrong with my bike ( say the piston and ring ) I'd like to put a big bore kit on it. Who all goes racing with you? I didn't hear that deepwater was closed down! Because I was looking up tracks around MO and that track was posted on a website , several sites actually. If you ever go riding let me know. I'd like to go riding!
My husband doesn't have a bike so he just watches me ride mine. I let him ride mine though. He bought me a bike and not him , he's so nice : ) Anyways , if you ever go riding , I know that my dad will let me borrow his truck and we could follow u guys or whatever. I just hope that my bike is okay. I have been riding it and checking the fluids but get this , I asked freedom how much oil does my tranny ( gearbox or whatever it is ) how much it holds and they don't know! I said well how am I suppose to know when to add any??? They still have not answered my question. I can't even find a service manual for my bike. For now on , whatever is wrong with my bike , I will fix , I have quite a bit of automotive experience, as I fix my own vehicles. If anybody knows anything about my bike why it would leak oil out of the silencer? Let me know. It makes kind of a whinning noise down on the right side. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to talking to you again. I will try to get some pics of me and my bike and put on here , can u post the pic anywhere? Take care!
Bye-
Ann

B

biglou

Try the different sub forums here, use the search button and search for "spooge", "jetting", "noise", etc and you'll have days of reading material. Once the weather clears up, you guys are welcome to bring it over to the house and I'll take a look at it. I'm much better at working on stuff than explaining how!

And tell your old man to get a bike, too!

Jan 26, 2007
Hey Lou ,
I've looked up what causes the leaking , some people have said the oil mixture with the gas or change the packing etc. I do know that my carb is not set right. It bogs out in first and 2nd gear , I usually have to shift down to first to keep it running. ( when slowing down and turning around ) I'll keep looking because I know its not the packing in the silencer and it's not the mixture. It only leaks oil when you ride it. When ( IF IT EVER DOES!! lol ) the weather gets warmer outside I could bring it over , that sounds great. I'll keep searching , the only other answer I have found is the piston and the ring ( I hope it's not that!! ) If you want you can email me anytime at Lifted79chevy4x4@sbcglobal.net ( I hope I can post this on there , as I have no idea!! ) That's my email address. Look forward to talking more!
Take care and stay inside , it's COLD outside!
Bye-
Ann

Top Bottom