solecritter

May 26, 2004
Hiya all, just wanna know if any one has an opinion on the Higashi silencer's. Or if anybody has heard of them. Made by a company called Gualdi...I have checked out the site on them, but THERE NOT going to say nuffin bad about them on there own site.. ;)

I ride an 03 WR250 (yamaha)aussie model.

Been offered one at a good price, the bottom and mid seems real good on it, but might be a little bit loud. And i really carnt afford the more popular brands.
I have no experience with any other type of pipes.
:) thanx :)

solecritter

May 26, 2004
thanx mate,.....Dont suppose there's any chance that you's be able to find any dyno tests with Higashi on an 03- wr250f????...please. I've ended up puttin the silencer on me bike, the bottom end has REALLY improved. The top end seems to run out a bit quicker, tho that dosent worry me as my style/type of riding that i do dosent require to much top end.
Thanx.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Sorry nothing like that-but kp has recommended the pipes and says they are very well made.You made a good choice by the sounds of it.

Guaryzzzpode

Feb 25, 2000
I have a few friends that have a Higashi silencer (gold colored) on their Yammies (one WR250F and one YZ250F). The bike gains a few more RPM's and has a lot more snap. They did have to change a bit their jetting, otherwise it worked awfully.

solecritter

May 26, 2004
Guaryzzzpode said:
I have a few friends that have a Higashi silencer (gold colored) on their Yammies (one WR250F and one YZ250F). The bike gains a few more RPM's and has a lot more snap. They did have to change a bit their jetting, otherwise it worked awfully.
hi there Guaryzzzpode, thanx for your reply. Do you mean awfull GOOD or BAD??..lol.
Is it possible to find out what sort of jetting your friends have. I am at roughly at sea level. I am saving up to get some after market jetting done..maybe yz, just a matter if i can afford it. I will have to take it to a bike shop in town as i have no machanic skills whatever!! :)

Has anyone else got any other ideas??

Top Bottom