High engine speed no acceleration HELP!

motorider24

Jun 3, 2010
hey everyone just wondering if yall would be willing to help me out! im pretty new to the dirt bike world and im enjoying it like crazy! iv rode everyday since iv had my dirt bike and cant find a reason to stop!

anyways, I have a 2008 Honda Crf 230f. and whenever i first start out on the bike its fine but as time goes on it gets to where my engine speed is high/ RPMs are high but the bike speed doesn't match up with it. shifting gears works fine its just in the gears themselves. I defiantly know something is changing because of the way it starts. it rides normal when i start out, rpms and speed match up but if i ride any longer then 10 minutes this happens.

Wonderin if you guys can help me out with any suggestions or if you know whats wrong and what i need to do!!

Any help is highly appreciated!!!!!

if you have any questions or need to know anything else just let me know and id be more then happy to provide you with any information!!! Thanks again!!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
First sign of clutch plates wearing out is usually the engine slipping at high rpm. Then slipping at medium rpm. Then you sit there and don't move at all. If that is all it is, it's an easy and relatively inexpensive fix. Good luck.

Top Bottom