Hmmm...A real stumper, for me anyways =)

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
They will bore the cylinder, install the sleeve and bore the ID of the sleeve to match the piston. . . . . Yes they will have to bore the sleeve.

David

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
One important thing to consider before you pick a machinist to sleeve the cylinder is that installing the sleeve is only half the job. You also have to cut port windows into it and match them to the ducts, and they have to be chamfered properly.

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
am I wrong here? I thought you said the cylinder had already been re-sleeved by the past owner? is it sleeved or not? if not re-plate the darn thing. sorry I can't quote a price or that would be spam, and I can't say to call or thats spam also. but if your surfing around and you click the website button down there you might find a phone number on the site. also I just did a 97 CR250 cylinder that was trashed, blown crank & a broken piston, big rips in the cylinder walls, it was the worst cylinder I'd seen and that was $225.00 total cost to fix, welding, boring, diamond hone & shipping. if the cylinder has been sleeved then there no turning back. see ya!

woodzracer

Jul 21, 2001
A few years ago my KDX was stolen and run through Baltimore city for three weeks on straight gas. Needless to say when I got it back it wasn't pretty. When we tore it down the cylinder and piston were garbage. I sent the cylinder out for replating (not sure which company but check the back of the magazines) When I got it back it looked as good as new and has run for about four yours without a hitch. If I was in that position again (or in your shoes, I would definetly replate and go with an oem piston. Good Luck

Top Bottom