hole in left fork-won't hold fluid - options are??

94xr250

Mar 17, 2000
today while riding another rider ran into the left side of my bike - hit my front fork hard enough to puncture it. has this ever happened to anyone out there?

what are my options?

any idea what a new fork for a honda xr250 would run? or should i just jam some jb weld in the hole, file it and call it a day? thanks for all your input.

1994 xr 250

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I don't think you are going to have any choice but to buy a new fork tube, because it is not only punctured, it is also distorted. Sealing the hole may stop the leak, but the tube will never be true again, causing failed seals and bushings.

94xr250

Mar 17, 2000
just the lower slider?

the lower slider is the damaged part - would you say i am able to get away with just replacing that - or the entire fork tube. the bike felt like it was pulling right in my short ride back to the truck. which could mean bent forks, i guess. i've also got racetech guts in the fork, hopefully those aren't damaged...

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Re: just the lower slider?

Originally posted by 94xr250
the lower slider is the damaged part - would you say i am able to get away with just replacing that - or the entire fork tube.
You won't know what is damaged until you tear it apart. Probably only the outer tube is damaged.

B

biglou

XR250-Contact Neanderthal Cycle Salvage.Click HERE. If they've got the part, it will be in great shape and very reasonably priced. I've dealt with them before. Good luck.:)

Top Bottom