homeade/mechinable upgrades 88 kdx 200

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
My dad has a mechine shop and schools out, so somtimes I drive over when i get bored. I was wondering if there is anything i can read on or anything anyone had for advice.

I want to mess around making Reed spacers and exhaust spacers. Is this possible. Im pretty good with all the machinary and i just need to know is it as basic as it sounds, you make a spacer that goes between the reed cage and the engine, 5-10mm thick depending on what you want

Reed spacer increases lowend ? (this is what im looking for)

also exhaust spacers. they increase lowend aswell

is this also just a spacer that does between the exhaust hole and the exhaust.

thanks!

anything else i can attempt? i love working with the mechines and i want to work on my bike at the same time

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
You could replace the two top clamps for your handle bar with a custom single piece.

Maybe make some bark busters.

There are rubber cones between your lower handlebar clamps and the triple clamp. You could make some aluminum cones to replace the rubber.

Make a new chain guide or a re-enforcement to strengthen the stock chain guide. The stock one is weak and if it bends in a deep rut, it can leave you stuck.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
You could make a pipe gaurd. Also, you could make your own skid plate.

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
barkbusters and reinforcing chaingaurd are good ideas, ill do bolth

ive had the chaingaurd bend and i stapped it off tying to bend it back, now ill weld it back on and reenforce it. Thanks

any other sugestions?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If you make bark busters, don't mount the inner portion to the handlebar. Instead, mount it to the fork pinch bolts on the triple clamp. This gives you more room for levers, and the bark busters won't rotate in a crash. You'll need longer bolts to replace the stock fork pinch bolts.

If you had a rear disc brake, you could make a guard for your rear master cylinder. Since you don't, that could be a small project for a friend's bike.

Also, maybe a front disc guard like the metal one made by DeVol.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i could be persuaded to allow a guy to make a set of these and send them to me if he needed something to do ;) ps 03cr250

Attachments

• case guard.jpg
    case guard.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 262

bigbolx

Dec 25, 2007
the one thing you can never find for older (aircooled) KDX's are rubber inlet boots (i think thats what you lot call them) carb to reedvalve and carb to airfilter case, it would probably be easy if your allready doing reed block spacers in allum. just add a tube the correct carb venturi bore size and length and use a suitable short rubber hose for a flexi. joint between it and the carb. airfilter boot should'nt be too hard either!!!!! ohhhhh and a height adjustable rear uni trac link bar (swing arm to piviot/rocker) using some sort of bearing that you don't have to go to the big K dealers for!!!!!!!

Top Bottom