cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
Any body ever made a spark arrestor before? I am riding this week end and don't have the money to buy a spark arrestor for my bike. Plus I have a power core silencer I really don't want to mess with. I was thinking of buying some metal mesh and a big worm clamp. Any body done something like this.

P.S. yes I am a redneck. :moon:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm guessing you are wanting a S/A because you are riding someplace that they are required. If so you may be disappointed, most places that require a S/A also require that they be USFS approved. This is stamped on the unit and I doubt scratching it in with a nail will convince the authority doing the inspection.

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
good thought patman. My redneck mind did think of that. I believe this place just puts a stick down you tail pipe and if it goes more than 4" you fail. :|

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I did exactly as you describe, in fact my entire riding club did that for a few seasons. Worked well, was cheep and didn't affect the power that we could tell. The law at that time only required the spark arrestor not allow objects beyond a certain diamater out of the tail pipe, the screen we all used was much finer than the requirement so we were legal:) I don't know what the situtation is now, this was about 6 years ago.

good luck:)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
When I went to Colorado several years ago, they required USFS Approved spark arrestors. I found some slip-on ones that fit on the end of the silencer for easy removal.

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
High Lord Gomer said:
When I went to Colorado several years ago, they required USFS Approved spark arrestors. I found some slip-on ones that fit on the end of the silencer for easy removal.
Yes those cost money Did I mention I am a poor Red neck (see my thread about new 03 cr250. ;) )

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
where ya goin cr250can

dont say the mounds :coocoo:

by the way did you get log rd memorized yet???

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom