Lawndart D

May 24, 2001
my son has a '01 XR100 and we want tomake it a serious woods weapon. is there big bore kits? if so how big? his friend has a new TTR-125 and we would like to hop up his XR to be competetive or better than the TTR
thanx in advance guys
happy landings,
Lawndart Dave '98 380M/XC

Lawndart D

May 24, 2001
hes 11 he'll be getting a 80cc 2 strk for mx
but we wanted to have some fun with the XR
KDX? my friend has a 220 its nice but no thanx

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
For a stock framed XR100 to catch or even keep up with the TTR125 look foward to spending big $$$$. I tried with a highly modified XR95 with XR100 forks/swingarm and Technoflex suspension. The TTR ate it.

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
I will agree that a stock TTR is a slow bike and the XR100 is a close match but I think for less $$ you can get the TTR going a lot faster and handling a lot better. I gave up on the XR when the frame stretched and it was near impossible to get the engine out of the frame and the welds on the shock mount started cracking. That was after 6 months of MX. The TTR goes harder, is faster and overall was a cheaper package that is lasting much longer. Here in Australia there are some fast XR100 in stock frames but all have problems and most parents are looking at the TTR or doing CR frames. One thing though it is easy to sell a second hand XR. They are popular even raced ones.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Howdy Lawndart!

I have your solution...!!! My wife is selling her BBR XR120 - it sounds perfect for your son. You can email me or call me if you want more info.

Thanks! Randy Burress, Portland, OR rburress@pacifier.com
(503) 234-1780

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
The XR100 is buildable, but it is much cheaper to build a TTR125. Why not call Powroll (www.powroll.com), they're the ones who have all the fastest XR100's, and the fastest TTR125's (BBR uses Powroll parts for their conversions).

PJ

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom