Hopping to make my mind this week on a 250

Reda

Feb 1, 2008
I was thinking between YZF250 vs CRF 250, and now i heard Yams rn't that great, and I was told that in 2008 250's 4 strokes KX250F is the best. Planning on buying it tomorrow or so. Any advice on which 1 of the 3 is best, and why?

P.S. though i heard from more than 1 person about Honda and their valves problems.

Thanks

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
The only way you'll know whats best for you is to RIDE them all. Don't let Honda's valve train reputation keep you away though. If well taken care of they can last for a right good while as well.

Reda

Feb 1, 2008
I WISH i could ride them all. But that I only could in my dreams. Dealers won't let me test drive, and no one at the track around here will let me, other than a friend of mine who got a KX250F, so nothing to compare it to. From what i heard and read, so far Honda and Kawasaki r about equal. The best quote i got is $6,050 for the 2008 CRF250 and $6,000 for the KX250F 2008 also. So, atm very confused !!!!!

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
Definitely Kawasaki. Then you can get a sweet monster logo helmet!

Mmmm Monster. :cool:

It's all about your personal preference. Who said Yamaha isn't that great?

Reda

Feb 1, 2008
A friend said yam isn't as good as Honda or Kawasaki. I personnaly prefer the look of the Honda. But I called around the dealers in Florida, and it seems that there is only 1 dealer that has the KX250F. Whereas Hondas r all over the place, not sure if it means anything. But yeah, some people say Honda's have more power and handle better, some others say Kawasakis do. I wish i could afford both, but i can't, and still can't make my mind up :whoa:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Though I personally do not own any of them, I have friends that have owned the Yz250f in the past and they seem to be the most reliable out of the batch of 250f's. I have also heard though that the Yz's do not turn as well as any of the others.

Do some searching around here in the archives. When I was looking into 250F's I found a TON of information on all the different makes on here. In all reality all of these machines are so close now that it can come down to who has the best OTD price and who offers the most dealer support(IE: good fast Parts dept. and maintnance dept.) I would feel happy/confident buying ANY of the big 5 these days.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…