How a stator with only 1 coil affect the motorcycle ?

leovacc

Apr 24, 2008
I just opened my flywheel and find that my kdx only has one stator, if i was using the bike previusly i asume that is the primary spark coil. But i dont really know if the fact of having just 1 coil affects the performance of the bike.

Besides how can i tell if a CDI is in good condition?.
Thanx!!

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I can't think of any reason for less performance. And you will make some minor fraction of a horsepower more power (1 HP = 745 watts... so saving 30 watts is giving you 30/745 more horsepower ;) ).

The "bike in a bucket" I got had a lighting stator that was long destroyed by an ignored crank seal leak. I don't think it hurt performance.

leovacc

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks !

Thanks ! i hope not, because a new stator is so expencive!!!!

leovacc

Apr 24, 2008
ebay

i jujst check and all of them are aroud $200 USED !!!! But i´ll keep looking. Thanks

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
leovacc said:
i dont really know if the fact of having just 1 coil affects the performance of the bike.

Besides how can i tell if a CDI is in good condition?.
Thanx!!
Having just one coil affects only the performance of the bike's headlight. :cool:

If the bike makes a spark, the CDI is in good condition.
If the CDI is not in good condition, there will be no spark.
Seriously.
A CDI either works perfectly, or it doesn't work at all. Call it the wonder of electronics.

kx2502009

Nov 1, 2009
i always have checked mine with a volt meter stator doesnt put out much the coil increases it but usally if you have no voltage coming out of the cdi its bad but dont go buy a new one every one i have bought for my kx has been bad and didnt work

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
mudpack said:
If the bike makes a spark, the CDI is in good condition.
If the CDI is not in good condition, there will be no spark.
Seriously.
A CDI either works perfectly, or it doesn't work at all. Call it the wonder of electronics.
bad cdi could also be stuck on full advance mode. it seems to be more common on aftermarket cdi than in OEM.
or may change with temperature... now it´s workin, in five minutes is not...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…