TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
I am trying to remove the swingarm on a 75 ty175. The long pass through bolt will turn and if I pound on it with a hammer is slides through about 1/2 inch, but no more. I have used liquid wrench on the ends and in the zerk fitting. HELP!

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Wrong forum..

and, hit it harder, make sure nothing is blocking it where it is trying to come out. It's likely just corroded, or not aligned properly. If the swingarm is "loose" try wiggling it as you tap on the bolt.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Make sure you loosen the motor mount bolts before you go crazy with the hammer. Spray some penetrating oil and let it sit for a while, try again and repeat as necessary.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
So you have less chance of breaking the cases. You know what might work good is Like wheel cleaner wAcid We had some cases that the bolt was really stuck in and the wheelcleaner acid got in there and loosened things up . Or heatr it up and let it cool and soak overnite orheat it up alittle(cases) and hit the bolt back and forth. Ive had them so bad that we had to cut the bolt and drive the stub out of the case ywith a press. Old bike though . Sometimes it takes a friend (someone who doesnt own the bike ) to really beat on your bike though . Ever hear the saying "hit it like you own it "? I guess it works both ways .

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Air impact gun did wonders on mine. It wouldn't budge but about 1/2" until I used 1/2 a can of WD40 and spun it back and forth for about 10 minutes. Once is spun somewhat freely both ways I sacrificed a large brass drift to the cause but it came out. I then had AJ order me a new pivot bolt  :confused:

Top Bottom