How do the newer KDX's compare.....

xrkx

Dec 28, 2003
The last KDX200 that I rode was a 91' KDX200 that I rode for a couple of years back in the early 90's. I rode the dog poop out of that bike and I really had a lot of fun with it.

I was thinking of getting another one, one of the newer KDX's and was wondering how the newer bikes compare to the old ones. It has been a long time since I have ridden a KDX. Thanks for the input.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
That 91 feels alot like the newer ones. I had a 92 and switched to a 95. The only diferences I could tell are 1. My old parts wouldn't fit on it so I had to buy new ones. 2. Feels thinner between the legs and a little taller. 3. The bars are better adjustable. And that's about it besides being able to pull the carb much easier due to the frame differences. I'm sure your going to hear all kinds of opinions, but seat of your pant is what I think you are refering too. Not much difference at all. My .02

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
rethnal is right. have access to an 04, only thing i like about it is the thinner between the legs part. didnt at first but starting to like it. oh i like my seat better, little softer.

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
89kdx200rdr said:
rethnal is right. have access to an 04, only thing i like about it is the thinner between the legs part. didnt at first but starting to like it. oh i like my seat better, little softer.

The seat on my sisters 02 220 was narrower but harder, my 89 200 seat is wide and soft. I wish the older E series had a slimer seat, after a couple days of riding it tends to make ya sore if you know what I mean :)

-Maurice

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
I wish the older E series had a slimer seat, after a couple days of riding it tends to make ya sore if you know what I mean

yeah i know what ya mean the cure is going commando

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
the best thing to do is stay up off the seat (either one) but if my jewels are going to have to get slammed into something id take the 89 seat any day over the 04 seat

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
I've found that a good pair of compression shorts work wonders, but don't completely eliminate the problem. Still a noticable difference with them and riding pants vs. jeans and boxers. Gipper seats also seem to help, your more planted so you don't move around and get chafed as much.

-Maurice

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
You can reshape the foam to a more modern shape and reskin the seat - takes ten years off the bike and is much more comfortable.

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
I've thought about doing that when I buy new foam for my bike. I'll try cutting up the stock foam and reuse the stock cover to test it out with.

-Maurice

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
To be more precise, you can fill in the ski-jump and a strip down the middle with expandable foam, let it dry overnight then shape it, then round off the seat foam and adjust. Its more work installing the cover, keeping everything compressed, but the results are worth it.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I've heard an electric carving knife works good for reshaping the foam, but I've never tried it

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom