How do you do nose manuals?

I cant figure this one out.Does aftermarket suspension help?.Could someone please tell me how do one.

------------------
1996 CR 250

slo' mo

slower than slow...
are you referring to stoppies?

------------------
you never really learn to swear until you learn to ride.

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Good brakes, good front tire, weight really far forward. Hit FRONT brakes hard. Go over handle bars. Brake collar bone. Go to hosipital. Where did you hear the word "nose manual"

------------------
1997 Kx 125
1997 GSX-R 750
Pullin a wheely between a rock and a hard place.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Manual is a bicycling/skateboard term. ;)

------------------
Mion
OCCRA #19

TexKDX

Subscriber
Weight the back end by bouncing once on the pegs and grab the brake with stiff arms when the back end extends. Instant stoppie. Use more speed and modulate the brake to ride it.

------------------
TexKDX

[This message has been edited by TexKDX (edited 04-20-2001).]

Well than what the hell are they called > front manuals???.You guys get the idea, dont you?.how do you do them.?

------------------
1996 CR 250

[This message has been edited by cr125_king (edited 04-19-2001).]

they are called nose wheelies or stoppies.
I've never even seen a bmx or skateboard nose wheelie called a nose manual.

------------------
YEEEAAAAHHHH TESTOSTERONE !!!

Hucker

Subscriber
Originally posted by roosterboy:
they are called nose wheelies or stoppies.
I've never even seen a bmx or skateboard nose wheelie called a nose manual.

Never heard of a nose manual in BMX/Skateboard terms? I guess you didn't skate or ride BMX. Hell, I do nose manuals on my snowboard.....

------------------
'91 RM 250

TexKDX

Subscriber
Originally posted by cr125_king:
Well than what the hell are they called > front manuals???.You guys get the idea, dont you?.how do you do them.?

I just told you - what's the problem?

------------------
TexKDX

Sit as far forward as you can and sqeeze the tank with your knees, this will keep you from slipping down the bike if you go to close to vertical.

Grab the front brake and once you feel confident give it a quick tug, at the same time push forward on the handle bars a little bit.

The faster you go and the longer you hold the brake the higher you will go. Just start small and work your way up.

Check out this pic of me on my street bike. I know street bikes have a little better bite but the technique is still the same.
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jargyros/isumc/pictures/kevinstoppie.jpg

------------------
Kevin
97 CR 250, 96 CBR 600
You Bleed Red so you might as well Ride Red

dude, kevin your nuts! doing that stoppie with no helmet or stuff.......heh, im glad my kahonee's aren't that big.....i might end up hurting myself more then i do already

------------------
Honda 1995 XR200R

Yeah his big "kahonees" must be taking energy away from his brain. Riding without a helmet (espcially a street bike) is probably one of the dumbest things you can do.
BTW, a manual is a snowboard term. It's the equalivent of a wheelie on a bike.

------------------
         Jake
      '75 XR-75
 Yeah, I can hit that jump. But oh look at the ant crawling on it!
You wouldn't want me to kill it would you!? 
Roostmaker's and Yogurts photos

TexKDX

Subscriber
Let's see, Woody, your butt is back and your knees are sticking out. Funny, the pic does not show the technique you describe in your post.

Since I was tought by a professional exibitioner, I guess I'll take his tips over yours. Oh, and, he recommends a full face helmet when practicing stoppies and nose wheelies.

------------------
TexKDX

Nice woody51 :) .But wheres the helmet???. thats not a good example for others kids out there.A kid in my school rides street bikes(like a *****>I can wheelie further than him on my BMX and Dirtbike.).Anyways he "tried" a nose stoppie in front of my house and biffed hard, I laughed at him, because he sucks so bad.

------------------
1996 CR 250

[This message has been edited by cr125_king (edited 04-20-2001).]

awww... lay off kevin guys!!! he's just havin a little fun. Im down with that one kevin, you out did denny stephenson on that one. you are one crazy M.-F.er but i would ride with you any day. tex kdx, why do you gotta be an ass to everyone? i have seen you do that in other forums to! lay off, all we are riding for is fun. and if that is not true for you, than i would suggest stopping.

------------------
Brandon YZ 250