Jul 25, 2005
i am pretty sure that I want the carbon reeds since they give the best response and are suppose to let you rev higher. I am pretty sure a woods pipe would do wonders for my bike especially were I ride. also once you get the carb mod . increase power over the rev range and more over rev. WIDE POWER BAND :aj:by the way go to this site will explain a lot.http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/200vs220.html

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
What I mean is, the author of the article didn't cover much at all on the 200 because he does not own one and probably shouldn't have commented on such. I do, I know a ton about the 200 and the article comes up very short on useful info for the 200 model.

May 26, 2005
I've got the rev pipe, power core 2 silencer, Boyseen rad valve and the stock carb jetted spot on. Jetting is probably the BEST way your gonna get good all around power. I ride mostly woods but in FL it's alot of deep sand so revs are needed. Don't think the Rev pipe kills low end like claimed, it doesn't. I can't compare flat out to a woods pipe as I don't have both. Also don't think the rev pipe is gonna make your bike scream like a 125 or 250 MX pure bred, It won't. What I did to get big bottom snap back was go to a 50 tooth rear sprocket. I can snap the front end up in 1st thru 3rd with no clutch. I don't care about top speed even though my handy dandy GPS will still read 68mph flat out. If you need more than 68mph I can't help you :)

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
My $.02:
I also ride woods in washington on my 200, I have the Boysen power reeds, gnarly rev, TCII, drilled airbox, rejetted, Steahly flywheel weight and a 50tooth rear. My bike seems to pull pretty linearly all the way up the revs, I am sure the 50tooth with the flywheel weight helps smooth things out. I never find myself wanting more low end, but my bike sure flys when I get up into the powerband, maybe I use the clutch enough that I don't notice the drop in lowend with the rev pipe? All I know if that when I grab a handfull of throttle I better hang on. And with your 220 you already have a fatter lowend, I would go with the rev if I were you to wake up the topend.

My riding buddy has a KTM 200exc and he can't believe how linear the power is on my bike, sure he has a ton of topend but it wears you out riding it on the pipe all day long. He can't understand why he is dog tired after a couple of hours. Eventhough I have a rev on my 200, it is still plenty smooth and ridable.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
I have a 220 w/rev, TBC2, Boyseen Power Reeds, NO Air Box Lid and a 35mm Carb. The pipe, Power Reeds & TBC2 really woke the bike up with no noticable loss on lowend. The 35mm carb just made it even better w/o noticable loss on lowend.

Jul 25, 2005
how much more technique does it take to ride the 220 on the trails with the rev pipe versus the torque. or am I just going to want the torque because it has the same powerband as the 220 already has, just more. THanks. :)

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
i think i need to give you another one of my opinions. it seems like you want the rev pipe, so get it. I sure if you want bottom end you can put on sprokets or get some reeds. But then i would keep your 33mm carb on the bike for better bottome end.

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
lets just say not many people have a woods pipe, most have a rev pipe. get the one you will need. If you will be going in 3 gear or less most of the time get a woods pipe if not then get a desert pipe.

Jul 25, 2005
now I know after thinking it through that I want a woods pipe and that I will bore out the carb to extend the powerband. i wnat top end but I dont want top end with a major hit to it that I will be constantly losing my bike over a cliff. I think carbon reeds bored carb wiseco piston and a woods pipe is what I need.

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well the tcII is the turbine power core II silencer. The other is probably a silencer also. The weisco piston is a saftey thing so your kawasaki piston does not blow up in your motor. But it should also raise your compression which will give you more power.

bleeb

Aug 9, 2005
I ride logging trails & tight woods, but I also burn it out in my fields. Right now I'm running a Dynoport Big Volume pipe, a Steahly flywheel weight and a 12T front sprocket. With the DP pipe only (no other mods) I noticed more bottom end, smooth powerband, and a bit more top end. I think the DP could be explained like a hybrid - 1/3 Rev and 2/3 Woods pipe. When I put the 12T on, the bike pulled like a tractor. I put the flywheel weight on for downhill anti-stalling purposes, a some lugging improvement, but I didn't really need it to smooth out the powerband. I'll probably get reeds next, because I can't stop buying stuff for the bike.... :ride:

Top Bottom