Jul 25, 2005
the steahly flyweight is to add to your flywheel weight it makes you rev slower it is also harder to slow down when power is applied . but It also makes you have more torque and therefore more momentum and less stalling up hills. and there are two silencers one is the turbine core 2 and the other a power core 2. difference one is a spark arresstor.

Jul 25, 2005
people keep saying the rev pipe but I dont think they are taking my riding style in to acount and where I ride. but I think I am going to get the torque pipe. and I dont know what reeds I want. I set up a new thread on whats the difference between the power reeds and the carbon fiber ones. so one or the other.

Jul 25, 2005
I am still considering the rev pipe. but I am leaning towards the woods. like many people have said the woods pipe doesnt give its full potential to the 220 beacuase of the small 33mm carb that comes on it. with the bigger carb it gives power across the entire rev range along with the added bonus of the bigger carb. that all makes up for a pretty sweet ride not including the carbon pro reeds for excellent response.

Jul 25, 2005
once I have all this done I will write a report on it and let you all know how it went and how much more all around power there really is. after this the bikes going to be awesome :aj: . thanks for all the info, and adice. :)

toddco

Oct 2, 2005
pipe

i have 220 with fmf rev 607reeds no A.B. lid and the jetn close, im in eugene oregon so its all tite woods u want the rev pipe just to just so you have a bike and dont get passed by a mom on a stock tt225 just mess with the back sproket to get it where you like it, do the carb /i have yet to/ but will the rve pipe does not turn the bike on so much u cant handel it/ im not that grate of rider but love to ride/ let the bike breath like it wants to it will never be a race bike, u wont feel like death is eminent just like u are heeding in the right direction. :nod:

Jul 25, 2005
how is the powerband on that that was my origanal instinct on what to do. rev pipe with 607 reeds wiseco piston and a turbine core 2 spark arrestor, and later have my carb bored to 36. you live in eugene I live in washington same type of riding.by the way what type of needle are you using. I have heard that the dek needle will give awesome bottom end in return for smoothing out the hit of the rev pipe on the 220. any words of wisdom greatly appreciated and tell me how your bike acts on tight nasty technical trails with the rev pipe.

toddco

Oct 2, 2005
the powerband moves up a little but iv had oldtime riders on my bike and they sware it feels like a woods pipe to them, just like justkdx says the rev on a 220 is more of a woods pipe but not on the 200. i need to chang the gearing now 4 steep and i do meen steep up hill but i liked the stock chug but i want chug with BALLS

May 26, 2005
I don't know where all this HIT talks comes from on a KDX. The Rev pipe has no Hit at all it's just linear power. If it hits it's right off idle. I wouldn't even think of using a torque pipe as even with the rev pipe it still doesn't rev high. If you have ridden a real MX bike then you can talk about hit.

toddco

Oct 2, 2005
re

ur right its just allot of wrist = movement, its not a bike from 1984 hit the gas going up a hill and the bike flips over on ua

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I would definitly do a rev pipe on the 220. Because of the porting differences between the 200 and the 220 the pipes act differently. A rev pipe on the 220 basically gives you better power everywhere, with more revs up top. The torque pipe gives you some more down low, but then falls on it's face like the stocker, some people say it runs out of steam even sooner. I have the rev pipe and would not have it any other way. Riding with a stock pipe it seemed like I was always shifting because it would run out of revs so quickly. Now I can pull a gear much longer and spend much less time flapping through gears.

I've had my bike ported, head recut, carb bored, added a pipe, silencer, and reeds. I know it lost low end, but it pulls much farther into the rev range now. I went up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket and still gained over 9 mph top speed over stock because of the extra revs. My buddies that ride my bike still think it's a real torquer. It can pull any hill in 2nd with a twist of the wrist, and it you dab the clutch a little it will pull almost anything in 3rd, although with a lot of spinning.

I ride everything from wide open sand trails to tight rocky / muddy / hilly / thorny / tree-root-infested trails. The bike works great for me. With the porting it does take a more aggressive riding style in the super tight stuff, but that's how I ride anyway (till I get a little older).

Jul 25, 2005
very reassuring. so you guys are saying go with the rev pipe for sure do a wiseco, change the front sprocket to a 12 or the rear to a 50, and buy reeds. and If you want more power get the carb bored by r&b later. my question now is which reeds to go with the carbon pros or the power reeds. I cant afford the df3 or the rad valve just to let you know.

Jul 25, 2005
that seems the best way to go cheap and it works pretty good . I still want to know which reeds to get. are the carbon pros worth the extra $20 bucks or am I just going to lose some low end with that .

toddco

Oct 2, 2005
re

i didn't notice a big diff. with the reeds 607s but the bike did want to pick the front wheel up more. zero to full throttle was just allot cleaner, bike sounded better like things were working right,again an up grade that gets u further in the right direction of were u want to be. [allot to be said for clean, crisp and snappy my good man A LOT!] :)

Jul 25, 2005
boy with advice you can sure change a guys mind quick. thanks toddco on giving me advice on what the rev pipe does to a bike. it always seemed it would turn into a motocross type of bike ( not what I want). so I guess this is what i will do i will get the rev pipe and the 607 reeds. get the wiseco piston and get a 12 tooth front sprocket to upp the revs a little. thanks again everybody you have finally made me make up my mind about the pipe issue. I will do a report on how everything goes after i get the stuff on. plus I will do the carb in the winter or in the spring. then it should really be torquey. :aj:

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Okiewan said:
You buy a 4-stroke.
Why, so it can cough and die, then you get to kick it till you can't move. Or so that you can wear yourself out when you have to pick it up on the side of a hill when it stalls. :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo:

Top Bottom