How do you haul???

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
A truck a ford f-250 extended cab.Its alright.We haul my bike in the bed unless we are caring more than 2 bikes or a 4-wheeler and my bike.

KXsteve

Apr 10, 2001
firecracker : Mine is the same, except it has been raised, and is a single cab. I can fit three full sized bikes straight in, but only two people! :eek:

I had the same problem as you, with the ramp. Mine is 6' long, and 1' wide, and I'd have to get some one else to hold the bike once the front wheel was onto the tray so I could jump up and heave it on. Not until the other day when I drove to the track by myself. There was two other guys down there, both watching their sons ride from the middle of the track. I couldn't be stuffed going all the way down to them to ask them if they could help me get my bike into my ute.....so I rode it up!!:scream:

Scared the crap outta myself, but man was it easier!!

Steve

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Steve (and others):

You can use a bike stand, cooler, tool box, etc... as a step. I JUST started doing this a few months ago and... boy - are things easier. You put it to the left of your board - and walk right up into the truck bed while you push your bike up. Usually - I'll get the front wheel over the board lip (into the truck bed) while I'm on the ground, climb the "stairs" up into the bed, and pull the bike up the rest of the way. I wouldn't recommend riding the bike up... I've seen some "oopsies" using that method. :eek:

Kyron

Feb 3, 2001
I have a 85 Suburban 3/4ton and use either a reciver rack or a 5x8 utillity trailer. It works pretty good but I'm looking at one of the enclosed camper/haluer type trailers like 20' long, should be nice:confused:

Oh, I always ride my bike up the ramp into friends trucks, as long as the ramp isnt one of those cheap alum sheet metal ramps, those FOLD!!

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
2002 Chevy tahoe LT with a tilt~a~rack.
I love that combo. I can go to budd's and sleep over night in the back. It's light and is able to do 85mph with a bike on it no prob.

My favorite set-up is.....

1993 chevy 3500 ext cab with a Awsome 44ft trailer. With a dyno full living space. Then we take the Tahoe for the pit cruise's and local drive's.

CRG

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
Ours is probably overkill, but we haul a 26' Weekend Warrior with it, so it has to be big...we've got a 97 Ford F250 Powerstoke Diesel Extended cab.
We can fit a CR500, YZ125, KX100, and our daughter's quad in the bed for day trips.
We use the bike stand method for getting them in and out of the bed...none of us are tall enough otherwise.
We are thinking of getting a day trailer since I still can't get my own bike in and out even with the stand...either that, or an elevator :silly:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
let the bike do the work

Originally posted by Yamaholley
We are thinking of getting a day trailer since I still can't get my own bike in and out even with the stand...either that, or an elevator :silly:

Here is a quick tip that should help. Walk your bike up the ramp while it is in gear and running..... one hand on the throttle and one hand on the clutch. Use a tool box, cooler or your bike stand as a step as mentioned before. Don't try to ride it up the ramp, if you do it will most likely be your first or last get-off of the day.:think

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
Re: let the bike do the work

hmmm, there's an idea...:eek:
however, knowing me, I'd throttle too much, pop the clutch, and send it flying right through the back window, and throught the front as well....
but maybe if I practice.....:think
seriously, thanks for the input!!

Desertbob

Mar 1, 2000
98.5 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with the mighty Cummins 24v - Bombed of course! With a 99 PW80 and 01 XR100 in the bed in front of the hitch.

99 25.5' Terry 5th Wheel (slide-out) with a receiver hitch for my 2 bike rack (00 WR400 & 01 TTR225).

;)

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
1990 Bronco 2 -w- a 4'x8' stakeside trailer.
When hauling the YZ400.
(when it is running, which it hasnt lately...):( :(
Or when going someplace over an hour or 2 away with the XL.
(which i havent done lately either...):(
Come to think of it the same old trails are getting boring..........

ROAD TRIP !!!!!!!! :p

DIRT DUDE

Jul 12, 2000
I use a 98 Tacoma 4x4, and a 3 rail trailer for now. I do like the trailer because you just hook it up and go. When I go on over night trips I just do the tent thing.But for me the best set up I think will be the camper van and trailer.

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Why walk your bike up the ramp. I drive mine up the ramp and i've never came close to taking the back windsheild out.

Last edited:

rames90

Sep 7, 2000
I guess the topics a month old already but...
I have a 99 Sonoma Highrider, dosen't work so well for bikes. There is little to no room for gear behind the seat and the height of the bed makes geting the bike up the ramp difficult, backing into a ditch is the easiest way to allieviate this problem.

Try my MX Bike on this page, the picture won't display.

Last edited:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Whaddaya Mean?

Originally posted by jeb
For short trips, I use this rig which is a 99 3/4 ton GMC suburban 4x4, 454 with a 2000 8.5'x19' V nose TNT trailer:

Jeb,

It looks like the wheels don't match !!!! How can you suffer the pain of being seen in that rig?

Actually, the last time I saw you post this picture inspired me to go buy my 3/4 ton Suburban 454 4x4 with a 6x12 trailer (all white, wheels don't match either).

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
When - right after spelling class? ;)

The "Pancho Van" may be FS soon. Y2K E150 set up with a cabinet for gear and two Pingel mounts. All the toys - windows, locks, tilt, cruise, CD, hitch, 13K miles.

The smell of diesel fumes has corroded my brain into having to get one...

Last edited:

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
before I bought my truck I was using my Ford Taurus trunk space to get my KX100 to the DB park, worked like a charm as long as I turned off the gas :]

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Let's Compare !

Here's my current hauling rig, with 6x12 trailer.

Attachments

• subtrailer.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 291

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Bigger, but BETTER?

Yes, your TRAILER appears to be bigger. :confused:

Is it six feet tall? Unfortunately, I'm over six feet, so I'm still bumping my head, even with the six foot height. They make a 6'6" height also.

Now for weight.... I went over the scales with me, and about 30 gallons of gas, and weighed 8100. Trailer is about 1300 empty, so it looks like that pig Sub weighs about 6800.

Stoked_KX

Sep 7, 2001
I've got a 2001 Sport Trac and my '02 KX 125 just barely fits in the back (without the bed extender attached). I need to find a good ramp, but have no idea what to get. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

BTW- If someone can tell me how you can get the bed extender attached w/ my KX in the back, please let me know how you did it. Still paranoid about it rollin' out of the bed.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by Stoked_KX

BTW- If someone can tell me how you can get the bed extender attached w/ my KX in the back, please let me know how you did it. Still paranoid about it rollin' out of the bed.

I dont understand your dilemma. My extender clips in with the gate down then flips closed into the bed.

Maybe explain the situation a little more and I'm sure somebody will come up with something for you.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…