How to build a small backyard mx track?

atomicjoe23

May 9, 2008
happytrails2all said:
I found a book for building an ATV park, but obviously my property is too small for a whole park.

HappyTrails,

what's the name of the book on building an ATV park???

I tired to send you a PM or email but you profile settings wouldn't let me.

Thanks for passing the info on!

Dec 8, 2007
I think you should buy a skip loader, it'll do more work than a skid steer, and you can get a ****ty 2wd one for around $5000, you might be able to find a pretty good one with 4wd for around $10000, check out the MF50ex, terex650, or fermec650 (all the same tractor with different names). Check here http://www.machinerytrader.com/
If your gonna rent, I'd go with crawler loader though, try to get 4in1 bucket and root rake. Also If you live on sloping terrain you might wanna think about potential drainage and erosion issues.

allangee

Jun 26, 2007
If you're short on dirt, I know a couple of tricks some guys have used.

One got hold of wrecked cars and used them as the foundation of the jump, then piled soil front and back and on top.

The neatest idea I've seen was on a wooded lot. When the trees were cleared, they were cut into logs about 8 feet long. Wherever a jump was put in, the dozer cleared the stumps and dug down (I think it was 4 or 5 feet) and set the soil aside. The logs were then laid in the hole/trench and even stacked higher than ground level -- in the shape of the required jump, but smaller over all. Then the dirt from the hole was spread and packed on the logs. Enough dirt left over for whoops, and berms.

I guess as the logs rot, the jumps may "settle" a little, but it won't take much dirt to patch them.

Grensjos

Sep 12, 2007
i built a track in my yard this year. it is great and i cant belive how much better of a rider i am since i put it in. I had the land plowed and disked by a local farmer. I then rented three skid loaders, and had a bunch of friends come out to help. I had the track steaked out before anyone showed up and in about 6 hours the track was complete. i used all the loose dirt from the plowing to make the jumps and burms. it only cost me $300 and that included beer, soda, and food for all my friends. with one little skid loader it would have taken forever, but with three big ones it went really fast.

cain25

Feb 22, 2009
what are dimensions of rythym section?

medwaste said:
OMG- Your track is beautiful. To the drawing board for me, my jumps are all over the place. How did you space your rhythm section?

What are the dimensions of the rythym section? I'm trying to put some in back yard but can't get it right!!! :bang:

Top Bottom