How to fix the paint on clutch/ignition covers?

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
Hey guys,
My 99 RM is mint except that the paint has been worn on the clutch and ignition covers.

What is the best way to fix this?

Repainting?

Buy aftermarket covers?

Carbon fiber?

Decals?

Thanks

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
Go to the your local bike shop and buy some Suzuki engine case paint.. Clean and prep covers and repaint. I mean if they'er not broken why switch 'em. ;)

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Ignore it and ride! You can always repaint them when you want to sell.

muscle

Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by darringer
Ignore it and ride! You can always repaint them when you want to sell.

No doubt, I cant remeber actually seeing a riden bike that deosnt have scuffed or paint worn covers! Its actually a beautiful thing. Buy some frame guards if you wanna keep the frame nice and ride the bike! quit posing with it.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I have always wanted to hard anodize the covers on my bike. Has anyone tried that?

I dont get to ride my bike much. The working on and playing with it is my form of entertainment.

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
Well since there is a foot of snow on the ground and it has been less then freezing out all month I'm totally restoring my bike.

Here is what I'm doing.

2 coats of special adhesion promoter.

3 coats of primer.

3 coats of paint

3-5 coats of clear coat to cut down on the wear through factor.

Only time will tell how long this lasts!

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
Go with one coat of bonding primer. No more then two coats of chromatic primer. Two light coats of base color with one good cover coat. allow to dry from a few days , then wipe with prep solve and clear coat. This will give you good results

Top Bottom