Tezzmin

Jul 6, 2003
I own a 93' CR250R and live in Ohio. I never even thought about a title when I bought it. Now I want to trade it in or sell it and I am finding out dealers want me to have a title. Anyone ever get one made. Where do I start??

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
local DMV is the place to start. File for lost title. Or, find the original owner and see if he still has it.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
the dealers want the MSO Manufacture's Statement of Origin. A title looking piece of paper that is sold with the bike originally stating that the bike is that bike and was purchased legally.

Tezzmin

Jul 6, 2003
Originally posted by jmics19067
the dealers want the MSO Manufacture's Statement of Origin. A title looking piece of paper that is sold with the bike originally stating that the bike is that bike and was purchased legally.

I don't have it. I do know the bike was purchased legal. I know most of the bikes backround. I know that my word doesn't mean anything to a dealer. I guess I'll bring it to the dealer and do what they tell me to. I just want to get rid of it at this point.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
You must have an older bike. Because sometime in the '90s The Man began requiring titles to be issued with dirtbikes. I'm in the same boat as you. Here's what I found out:

1- Go to a car dealer and have them certify the VIN number.
2- You'll also need some other paperwork. Like a notarized bill of sale and a notarized letter of ownership!
3- Go the the county title office and they'll issue you a title.
4- If you want to ride on public land, take the title to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles registrar and get it registered.

Call the county title office for details.

Top Bottom