How to street legal a KDX

jesus

Nov 4, 2003
Has anyone made a light kit to convert their KDX into a street legal trail machine? Could you provide a parts list? What would a "comfortable" top speed be? Yes they are legal in BC. Thanks.

frankfilm

~SPONSOR~
Jun 9, 2003
Hi,

Baja Designs makes a kit for the kdx.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/bajadesigns/ecomm/mainframe.jsp?login=YES

Item Code: 121005

Dual Sport Kit, KDX200/220

BTW, I'm considering buying a kdx or wr250f. Do you know if the power bands are similar?

Thanks,
Frank

Feint Drift

Oct 27, 2003

I have a 03 kdx220 and two of my friends bought wr250f's, stock without changing anything, my friend liked my kdx better than his 250f. BUT from the factory there is a throttle screw limiting the throttle to only 60% @ full throttle(remove the screw and you get a true 100% throttle then), AND there is a grey wire that if you remove it from the harness, it runs the mappings of the yz, they can both take me now! They said its a night and day differences with changing those two things and best thing is they are FREE!

Feint Drift

Oct 27, 2003

I have a 03 kdx220 and two of my friends bought wr250f's, stock without changing anything, my friend liked my kdx better than his 250f. BUT from the factory there is a throttle screw limiting the throttle to only 60% @ full throttle(remove the screw and you get a true 100% throttle then), AND there is a grey wire that if you remove it from the harness, it runs the mappings of the yz250, they can both take me now! They said its a night and day differences with changing those two things and best thing is they are FREE!

Feint Drift

Oct 27, 2003
Don't get me wrong my KDX has nuts, but in like a drag race they would leave me, in the woods where we ride though, it won't matter and I look at it like they waste an extra 1500 bucs(but the electric start is nice on the wr's)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…