zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
My little boy is turning 3 next weekend, and zia thought it'd be a great idea to do a motocross theme for his first real party. He loves motorcycles as much as I do, so it'll be a real treat for him.

We need old track banners, flags, etc. to decorate the house with. I'll cover shipping, & be glad to return any item donated (or buy them).

Also, if anyone knows where promoters buy these (especially the long streamers with colored flags on them), please let me know. I'm not looking for freebies, just don't know where to get them. For example, I looked in the online catalogs, but could only find the single manufacturer banners, usually running $5-$15 ea!!! :scream: The decorations will be pretty sorry looking if this is all we can find.

Any ideas are totally welcome, too. Thanks in advance! :)

zio & zia

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i have one of those big blue and gold camel supercross banners from the early 90's. it's about 3'x8'. you are welcome to borrow it, if you want. it does have a pack of camel cigarettes on it, if you don't mind advertising smoking to three year olds. :eek: let me know.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I have an FMF banner. Let me know.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I'll see if I can mine my way into thekids room and see if he has anything in there. Try your local shop they may loan you some for a day or 2
Also check a local bakery (we get them from Sam's Club) if they will scan a photo then print it on the cake. We usually do a riding picture on thekids cakes and have taken them to DW the last 2 years
(Shoot me an adrres in case I find something in there so I can send it out today)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey bud, I ran across some string lights on the net the other day. You might want to see if you can get some of those, they have motorcycle theme ones. Type in "String Lights" in your search and you'll hit some good sites for them. I also found a set on Ebay that were motorcycle ones too.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Thanks, guys. I'll check out the shop/ebay for those suggestions. Oldguy, zia is already a step ahead of you. The cake idea is a good one. Jay, thanks anyway. My boy doesn't smoke yet, so I think the novelty of it won't sink in ;)

His party is next Saturday, I'll take photos & let you guys know how it went!!!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
NOTE: I'd pay good money for a factor kawi banner$$$$$$$$$ dressing the pole barn.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I've got a small roll of Acerbis tape left over from a grass track I laid out at the '98 Texas Qualifier Enduro.

PM me your address and it's yours!

---Woods

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Thank you, thank you. But the party is this Saturday. Besides, we've already got a ton of stuff. Thanks a bunch, guys!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Zio, the FMF banner is on its way. I got real busy Monday thru Wednesday and this morning I was like, dooh! FedEX by 3:00 pm Friday. Have fun and get some good pics.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
oldguy & senior- rec'd them both. Wow, tons of stuff. Sure neither of you want them returned? Thanks a million. zia also went down to the local shop & they gave her a few posters & banners. Too cool. We'll definately post some pics. Again, thanks a million guys!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I finally remembered that I can upload these pics from home (duh), I keep forgetting to bring the digital cam to work....

Here's a few pics from my boy's party. One of the coolest things was when friends/family would ask where we got all the posters, banners, etc. When I told them they were all mailed to us by internet-dirtbike nuts that I've never met, they were floored. The pics don't really do it justice... blame the photographer. I didn't get enough pics of all the decorations. There was just too much excitement going on. Thanks again, guys!!! :cool:

Attachments

• dominic's 3rd bday pic 1a.jpg
    dominic's 3rd bday pic 1a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 74

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
just another angle

Attachments

• dominic's 3rd bday pic 2.jpg
    dominic's 3rd bday pic 2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 69

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
and her collage.... I only wish I had taken pics of the whole house- it all looked like this -

Attachments

• dominic's 3rd bday pic 5.jpg
    dominic's 3rd bday pic 5.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 68

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
one more... this was just too cute

Attachments

• dominic's 3rd bday pic 4.jpg
    dominic's 3rd bday pic 4.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 70

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Would you adopt me before my 41st birthday? Cool pics.:)

B

biglou

Originally posted by BSWIFT
Would you adopt me before my 41st birthday? Cool pics.:)
LOL! I was thinking the same thing! "Would you adopt Brian for his 41st birthday?"

Just kidding. Adopt me! And don't wait for 41. 37 will do just fine. :D

Top Bottom