Hungry Valley Ca. Info.

Tree

Lifetime Sponsor
Me and some of my buddies are plannig a trip to Hungry Valley on May 18-20. There will be about 5 families. I need to know what are the best areas to camp at. We will be driving Motorhomes and would perfer an area that has some room for the kids to ride around close to camp if possible. I would also like some info. on some good trails (we would like to do some woods riding) and info. on any rules/regulations regarding the bikes or camping (fires, fees, etc..). Any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone wants to meet up with us, on any of the days, let me know.

I will be out there that weekend or at least for sunday,district 37 has a race there that weekend.

BrentBlain

Subscriber
you'll need a spark arestor on every bike. They are pretty anal about that. And they might check the registration at the gate, so make sure you have stickers for each bike just incase.

-Brent

------------------
00 CR250
My webpage
last updated 02-25-01

Try Upper Scrub Oaks campground, they have a lot of room for RV parking and flat land around it for the youngsters to ride around.

Tree

Lifetime Sponsor
Thanks for the replys everyone. The web addresses were really helpful Speedy but I didn't see any on-line maps that showed details of the trails and campground locations so I e-mailed them for information on getting one sent to me.

------------------

Tree,

Make sure every bike has a spark arrester and green sticker. Be prepared to have these checked at the entrance upon arrival. When you get to the gate pick up a trail map-it shows some of the more popular trails. In the valley the "backbone" trail is real short but pretty fun. Any of the trails from the valley up to Frasier Mtn. or Alamo Mtn are fun and can get fairly tight. Watch-out in the sand wash, the yahoo's on quads like to race down in there. Many kids get hurt there. I used to ride Gorman 25 years ago and have recently started riding there again. It is still one of the best riding locations in SoCal. If you've never ridden there before, you will return- fun place.

------------------

ktmboy

Subscriber
brett r--- is the district race on the track, or is it an enduro?

------------------

Tree

Lifetime Sponsor
Thanks for the info. SLEEZ and Tentbound. I guess I will have to get a spark arrester for my son's yz80. They never did respond to my e-mail regarding getting a map of the area. How far in is the Upper Scrub Oaks campground.

------------------

JWW

Lifetime Sponsor
Tree- I scanned a copy of the map for ya. If you click on "photo" in my sig line it will take you to the album. Then click on the Riding album.

After you click on the pic enlarge to full size and you can read all of it.

Sorry if it didnt come out to well. I am still learning how to use the scanner

------------------
Photos

[This message has been edited by RMjeff (edited 04-20-2001).]

ktmboy

Subscriber
RMJjeff-checked out the map in your post, and it shows up excellent if you go down in the corner and click the largest size.
Tree- I'm trying to convince a couple buddies to make the trek with me that week-end. Have not ridden Gorman in about 12 yrs. Try checking in the visitor center, (if anyone's there), and they sometimes have copies of the map. (My work sometimes takes me there, and I got a copy a few months ago.)

------------------

Tree

Lifetime Sponsor
RMjeff- The map looks great. It will help us make our plans.
ktmboy- Let me know if you guys can get up there that weekend. Maybe we can hook up for a few rides. The same goes for anyone else on DRN.

------------------

ktmboy

Subscriber
Tree- Still trying to work out the details, but it's looking like we might make it out there that week-end. I'll post again about a week before if we're going, so we can hook up for some group rides.:)

The race that weekend is a qualifier,thats a cross between a desert race and an enduro.The course will be in hungry valley, its 75 miles, so some of the trails will be shut down on sun .The pits are at Quail canyon.