KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Seeing that we have hunting season coming, and likely snow soon after, I just had to ride this weekend. Got in around 20 miles messing around home here on Saturday then today rode the Hunt Creek loop. I like that loop! Generally not to whooped out, and some what technical in spots.

2big4akdx and I rode from my house down the MCCT to where it connects on the north end of Hunt Creek. Talk about slick and slimey though. super think blanket of leaves and the trail had clearly not been riden in a while. In some spots you could almost loose where the trail was!

Once we got onto Hunt Creek proper we soon met up with a group of 7 or 8 bikes. I rarely run into anyone on Hunt Creek. Interesting group, 2 KX's, 2 KDX's, 2 XR's (650 and 400), 1 RM, 1 Gas Gas . Riding behind them (most of the group set a fast pace!) we suddenly found the leaves much less of a problem, and had nice moist dirt!

Was anyone in that group a DRNer? They mentioned one of them had a cabin in the Lewiston area.

We ended up bailing out of Hunt Creek about 6 or 7 miles from where we started it, when Neal realized he forgot to top off his gas tank before we left...because he hit reserve! At that point we were about 25 miles away from home by trail. We did the back roads to my house (Avery Lake road etc). I hit reserve about 3/4 of a mile from home...Neal pulled in on fumes - absolutely could not hear ANY gas sloshing around in his tank. He musta been sucking the float bowl dry as we came down the drive way! All told 63 miles today.

Somehow we managed to dodge the rain...only got lightly rained on from time to time. My wife said it poured at home for over an hour shortly after we left. What luck.

So - I hope this was not my last ride of the season - but if it was - at least I had a good last ride. Between that and trail fest weekend, I think the 02 riding season closed out pretty well. I hope everyone else manages to get in one last good one!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sounds like a blast! My brother out of the clear blue called me up friday night and asked if I wanted to ride the Ogemaw Hill Trail. "Wished he'd call like wednesday" but I had all ready told the boss. That I'd work OT. so I was stuck :>(

Top Bottom