SWEDE

Apr 19, 2000
Hi. I´m considering a husky 610. Is this a good bike to own? I´m going to use it for both enduros and some road riding.

My major concern is if this bike is too big for enduros (too heavy, too powerful). I whould really like to hear other owners input before i decide.

tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
If you are talking about the dual sport it is too heavy. if you are talking about the 2000 and older TE model many riders on Thumper Talk love them, but the 2001+ TE 570 has a better handling chassis, lighter weight, and a quicker revving engine thanks to new geometry, single silencer, and a lighter crank. Go to THUMPERTALK in the exotic forum are the answers you need.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I had a 95 610wxe.
It always sounded like it was on the verge of grenading but never did.
I would steer throught the trees if you got aquianted with the rear break, and I have seen some riders really rip on these things.
Husky parts were kinda hard to get for a while so I abandoned it.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
I currently ride a '00 610TE. I really enjoy the bike for general purpose riding. I have yet to race in any type of event. This is the 3rd consecutive husky I've owned and loved each one during it's 'day'. The parts situation has been remedied for the most part. A point to consider is "how tall are you?" The seat hieght of pre '01 bikes is tall for most average size riders. Could be difficult to restart for a shorter person.
It is powerful. I looped mine out the first time I tweeked the throttle like the old '88 510. The newer 450/570 would be the better buy if you can afford them :confused: No matter which size you like, go Husky...you won't be disappointed. :)

Top Bottom